Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Dr's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Double Dr's

Hi All,

In my my short time at sea I did not see too many problems. Just the usual few fights and some personnel being replaced on the ship.
    I heard at least three crew mates telling me stories of people being stabbed to death, "young ladies" who were still on board when sailing
    from a port and then being thrown overboard. Having to lock the cabin door as soon as you finished your watch to avoid being attacked.
    I have no idea if these events are true as I did not see them, but maybe some of you guys out there have seen some things where the
    somebody ended up with a double DR.
    Cheers
    Ray Money
    Last edited by Raymond Money; 25th January 2021 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Double Dr's

Have seen 14 double DRs all at the same time. Look up two seperate posts on the Rosewood if want to see a bit of violence. Re stabbings and shootings. The DRs were on the Exmoor about 1960 , the others about 1970, Im sure there were plenty of other ships in between if people want to fill in your curiosity on such. Happy nightmares JS

Look up my worse Xmas at sea. For a bit of violence . Just for starters I was not there off Chile but can vouch for the authenticity of it. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th January 2021 at 08:03 AM.
    R575129

3. Thanks cappy, Raymond Money thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Money View Post
    Hi All,

In my my short time at sea I did not see too many problems. Just the usual few fights and some personnel being replaced on the ship.
    I heard at least three crew mates telling me stories of people being stabbed to death, "young ladies" who were still on board when sailing
    from a port and then being thrown overboard. Having to lock the cabin door as soon as you finished your watch to avoid being attacked.
    I have no idea if these events are true as I did not see them, but maybe some of you guys out there have seen some things where the
    somebody ended up with a double DR.
    Cheers
    Ray Money

At the end of a trip most of us just shot off home ......after surely looking to see we got a VG VG.......but never knew anyone to get a double DR.....on the other hand saw happenings which would make one possible ie hitting the mate with a chain stopper after trying to chop through the line pumping aviation fuel ashore plus ,,,,,guys refusing to.. turn two... cooks chucking all the galley gear over the wall twice ....a ist tripper getting raped .....a guy getting cleavered,,,,,an engineer refusing to turn to on anzac day and going ashore...a second engineer pissed and going below to open the engines to full power ....a mate so drunk he flaked out in his cabin with the vessel on a dead heading into an atoll after sending standby man off the bridge ....a nutter going round hitting folk in there bunks with the cabin water bottle it goes on .....but never actually saw a double DR .....sadly did get deserted in my book never saw that again...there was about 7 or 8 skinned out same time ....suppose as the old man was ist trip old man we all got the same... R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    At the end of a trip most of us just shot off home ......after surely looking to see we got a VG VG.......but never knew anyone to get a double DR.....on the other hand saw happenings which would make one possible ie hitting the mate with a chain stopper after trying to chop through the line pumping aviation fuel ashore plus ,,,,,guys refusing to.. turn two... cooks chucking all the galley gear over the wall twice ....a ist tripper getting raped .....a guy getting cleavered,,,,,an engineer refusing to turn to on anzac day and going ashore...a second engineer pissed and going below to open the engines to full power ....a mate so drunk he flaked out in his cabin with the vessel on a dead heading into an atoll after sending standby man off the bridge ....a nutter going round hitting folk in there bunks with the cabin water bottle it goes on .....but never actually saw a double DR .....sadly did get deserted in my book never saw that again...there was about 7 or 8 skinned out same time ....suppose as the old man was ist trip old man we all got the same... R683532

would rather have had... effed off.... in my book than deserted ...didnt like that word ..i wasnt in the bloody army...R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks mate,

I have heard about all the dramas from some 50 years ago and I just wanted to know if it was true or the Tennents lager talking!

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a lot of stories.
    You have seen a lot more than me mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate,
    I can only imagine the nightmare if you were on board with some of these nutters

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you never get into ma Gleason in Auckland , would have heard many yarns there. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by raymond money View Post
    what a lot of stories.
    You have seen a lot more than me mate!

- - - updated - - -

thanks mate,
    i can only imagine the nightmare if you were on board with some of these nutters

no nightmare ......it was just part of going to sea in trampships...but the good far outweighed the bad happenings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4. Often wondered how they ever came to that conclusion Cappy, unless you made it obvious or someone snitched on you. The obvious entry would be failed to join . Then a L.A 2 form would be despatched via the consulate to the BSF . All the other paperwork for local authority’s etc would also have to be done , if all your gear was gone would be a good pointer to your departure , but there again the little green men may have packed for you. However you were caught weren’t you and didn’t hold out through the 3 degree and admitted it even before the first toenail came off. Left some little girl broken hearted after offering her the deiights of Derby Street Baths.
    A life on the ocean wave , a life on the rollicking deep. And the final promise you made her a trip on the Shield ferry and a day in the spanish city where you could get rid of all your foreign coins . Ah well such is life. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th January 2021 at 10:52 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6. Nutters Nutters !! They were the sane ones . JS
    R575129

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast