Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Double Dr's

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Double Dr's

What !!! on 3 beers a night lol. Being on watches in the early days tended to be in my bunk by 7pm if on the 12/4 and 10.30 if on the 4/8.
    We did have a good laugh with the Oiler & the Bridge lookout sometimes after watch if Brit crews, on the hatch weather being warm, on the old mid ship accommodation ships. We used to keep our after watch beers in the Brine room or veg room on the fridge flat. Funny though if the 12/4 the 2nd mate rarely joined us , probably to far up his own **** to mix with common folk, being unfair as he was usually up early for taking sights? Funny though E D's 2nd mates could manage both.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 9th February 2021 at 12:18 PM.

2. Thanks Raymond Money thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know what you mean Lewis.
    After liners such as UCL with the pig it was a shock to the system when we had to queue at night to get two warm cans from the chief steward on cargo ship.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well for me on all the UCL Ships i was on, the Pig was always busy and Boy could we put it away.
    There was no actual limit either ( WELL TO A POINT I GUESS), as i recall even on my very first Trip on the old Dunnottar, i got really sozzled! Think it was the new Beer ! LOL
    Bleedin sore head the next Morning, but still up and at it early, Beer Carry ( One or two cans on the way LOL) then Linin carry, then it was back to dining Saloon to Scrub out, Polish Portholes, Shine all Silverware and lay your Tables ready for Breakfast! In First Class that was good, as only had 3 Tables of Four . But when in Tourist Gallop! Well that was terrible after a heavy night! Whew!!!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 10th February 2021 at 05:59 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9