Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: a silver lining

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Wasn't there a saying.
    'seaman make good prisoners"
    Or was that just me.?
    Or on the first ships heading OZ way, it was prisoners make good seamen.

But as said by others we are used to separation, so don't have the self imposed mental problems of others, some of it seems like whining rather than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    With the amount of money saved since lockdown, before that every time we had a coffee out, you will all be familiar with the crappy brown biscuit that comes with it, well i was putting them on the kitchen side for my nieces dog. When i counted them up there were 30 biscuits there for the month, thats for me and wife, but at £2.50 a shot i was shocked to see how much money that was, still the dog was happy, kt
    Keith it was money well spent, sitting at a table watching the world go by, seeing the antics of disfunctional families, meeting up with friends, chatting to strangers, whale watching in the High Street, look forward to doing it again, my numerous £2.50's at the ready.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ##

well tom i may send out to oz and bring one legged mary back to shields ....she always was a good little earner ...but the syndicate in perff are asking to much money for her.....and the godfather owes me one and tuppence .....nuff said
    hi cappy
    the fact that he has used and abused your asset , and taken in to account that the period of time he has had usage id say with the compound interest your asset must be worth at least ten groats,so taking in the cost of air-fare and depreciation, ie termites in wooden leg, and general condition of the said asset.
    sadly your patron seems to come across as a cruel and bitter rival, so maybe you would be better off writing the debt down,so if you ever need any financial advice im here for you.
    tom
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi cappy
    the fact that he has used and abused your asset , and taken in to account that the period of time he has had usage id say with the compound interest your asset must be worth at least ten groats,so taking in the cost of air-fare and depreciation, ie termites in wooden leg, and general condition of the said asset.
    sadly your patron seems to come across as a cruel and bitter rival, so maybe you would be better off writing the debt down,so if you ever need any financial advice im here for you.
    tom
    tom
    thanks tom oh what a relief ...canyou send a fiver in english money .....lol cappy ...ps what about the fishing ...regards cappy

4. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, John Gill liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

an interesting post gilly ...i do think we who went deep sea can handle the lock down easier than mostenjoy your scouse in shields it was always called panhaggelty.....happy days
    Cappy do you have a blind version of Panhaggelty lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks tom oh what a relief ...canyou send a fiver in english money .....lol cappy ...ps what about the fishing ...regards cappy
    hi cappy
    ive looked through my available funds and i do believe i can stretch to a fiver,
    would a large white one still be legal tender.
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Cappy do you have a blind version of Panhaggelty lol
    hi lewis
    what ever cappy calls it, It was always blind in our house, it even had its own white stick.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well as the white fiver goes it must be worth a tenner now ....but i will never forget my pay off from the cragmoor ....60 quid in white fivers ....paid off in liverpool stayed in a mission ....copped a older lass in the american bar .......oh happy days .....she wanted me to stay but im sure it was cos i was a homeward bounder ...and had some bucks .......now back to shields a big bronzie on ....a white fiver sticking out my top pocket.....now in them days that was a big fanny magnet...what with me drape jacket and blue suede shoes ......king cappy ...funny how soon it all went .....lolregards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well as the white fiver goes it must be worth a tenner now ....but i will never forget my pay off from the cragmoor ....60 quid in white fivers ....paid off in liverpool stayed in a mission ....copped a older lass in the american bar .......oh happy days .....she wanted me to stay but im sure it was cos i was a homeward bounder ...and had some bucks .......now back to shields a big bronzie on ....a white fiver sticking out my top pocket.....now in them days that was a big fanny magnet...what with me drape jacket and blue suede shoes ......king cappy ...funny how soon it all went .....lolregards cappy
    hi cappy
    it is always a good feeling to have enough dough in your pocket, sadly the sea only gave me enough to drink and whore about, if i hadnt met my wife i would most likely still been at sea into old age and skint, it was my wife and meeting her family that made me relise that i had to get off my **** and strike out,
    but like you i was king when i had my pay off and it all went on women and drink, the rest i wasted,
    anyway my wife has just recieved a text telling her that her covid test is clear, so im happy again.
    stay safe
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy
    it is always a good feeling to have enough dough in your pocket, sadly the sea only gave me enough to drink and whore about, if i hadnt met my wife i would most likely still been at sea into old age and skint, it was my wife and meeting her family that made me relise that i had to get off my **** and strike out,
    but like you i was king when i had my pay off and it all went on women and drink, the rest i wasted,
    anyway my wife has just recieved a text telling her that her covid test is clear, so im happy again.
    stay safe
    tom
    well in a sense same for me i met a girl who i can only say....stopped me in my tracks ....has stood through good times and bad and always backed me to the hilt.....married in 63 and still battling on ...good news on the covid ..cheers

10. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well in a sense same for me i met a girl who i can only say....stopped me in my tracks ....has stood through good times and bad and always backed me to the hilt.....married in 63 and still battling on ...good news on the covid ..cheers
    hi cappy
    the similarities between yours and my life are only a few years in age, and for me i wouldnt have it any other way,ive been married for fifty years, and most likely dont deserve the absolute loyalty, but im glad of it.
    going to watch some tv now with the wife.
    speak soon.
    tom

12. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy
    the similarities between yours and my life are only a few years in age, and for me i wouldnt have it any other way,ive been married for fifty years, and most likely dont deserve the absolute loyalty, but im glad of it.
    going to watch some tv now with the wife.
    speak soon.
    tom
    cheers cappy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast