Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: a silver lining

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default a silver lining

like all aboard...im now getting very bored with the current situation re lock down ......i am truly upset about friends having the covid ...and the testing time for all our NHS staff and our country in general .....the old saying is every cloud has a silver lining .....mine are as follows ......the beloved and myself are now talking to each other more than we have done for years ...and even agree on things more often ....not all the time but often ...she bakes cakes... bread.... scones... c ....home made merangues ...apple strudles ....jams and has the biggest pan of marmalade on the cooker at this time ......we are using no fuel for motors ......no lunches or meals or drinks outside ....no fuel on away days or visits to friends and family ...but best of all when my monthly bank statement arrives....i think a mistake has been made ......it just keeps getting better every month...so everything is not bad in these trying times.....just goes to show there is always a silver lining ...but i must admit it is stiil very hard to find.......boring is the main feeling of it all but we are still here ....keep safe .....cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: a silver lining

Agree Cappy, there is a lot to be thankful for in lock down. My biggest problem is my rehab is on hold and it is just to bloody cold to go out for a decent walk. Concerning the car ours has not moved since 4th of January. My Karen is back into her baking again but I am telling her to stop as I have to lose weight and she does not have a sweet tooth. It is also great to see the kindness of our new neighbours they tap on the door and step back asking if we are okay and do we need any shopping, day to day stuff fresh fruit and veg , bread and eggs etc!! good system going items placed on the bonnet of the car and we just keep ourselves in credit with her. Down side is not being able to travel to see our grand children. I never thought I would be a soft touch but them big brown eyes during a zoom meeting game over, thank god for Amazon lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with both, but Jesus, i stood on the scales last week, must get a new pair when the shop opens, these things are telling porkies, i,ve never been that heavy, but bent down this morning to repair a sticking front gate, maybe they are not lying after all, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with all posted, car has hardly done hardly any mileage in the past year.
    Looking forward to seeing grand kids and getting the wife out for period of time, she has been shielding and still is.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    like all aboard...im now getting very bored with the current situation re lock down ......i am truly upset about friends having the covid ...and the testing time for all our NHS staff and our country in general .....the old saying is every cloud has a silver lining .....mine are as follows ......the beloved and myself are now talking to each other more than we have done for years ...and even agree on things more often ....not all the time but often ...she bakes cakes... bread.... scones... c ....home made merangues ...apple strudles ....jams and has the biggest pan of marmalade on the cooker at this time ......we are using no fuel for motors ......no lunches or meals or drinks outside ....no fuel on away days or visits to friends and family ...but best of all when my monthly bank statement arrives....i think a mistake has been made ......it just keeps getting better every month...so everything is not bad in these trying times.....just goes to show there is always a silver lining ...but i must admit it is stiil very hard to find.......boring is the main feeling of it all but we are still here ....keep safe .....cappy
    hi cappy
    the only downer i can see there, is that the intrest payed on deposits is dire, when are you going back to money lending, better intrest rates.
    tom

6. Likes vic mcclymont, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi cappy
    the only downer i can see there, is that the intrest payed on deposits is dire, when are you going back to money lending, better intrest rates.
    tom
    ##

well tom i may send out to oz and bring one legged mary back to shields ....she always was a good little earner ...but the syndicate in perff are asking to much money for her.....and the godfather owes me one and tuppence .....nuff said

8. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With the amount of money saved since lockdown, before that every time we had a coffee out, you will all be familiar with the crappy brown biscuit that comes with it, well i was putting them on the kitchen side for my nieces dog. When i counted them up there were 30 biscuits there for the month, thats for me and wife, but at £2.50 a shot i was shocked to see how much money that was, still the dog was happy, kt
    R689823

10. Likes cappy, John Gill, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting comments #1. Most of us would echo those sentiments. I did notice the Cappy household seems to be alleviating boredom by creating all manner of cakes and preserves- I'm sure the local Woman's Institute would welcome that lot. Not like that at Chateau Gill. Always a pan of Scouse simmering at the back of the stove or a cauldron of pea wack with a sheet of bacon ribs bubbling away. I go out for a good walk every day, drive to the supermarket when stocks are low. Must say, myself and her indoors (who isn't) do have a version of a '6'o'clock swill' and take a glass or two before scran. We do a Zoom with distant family and wait for it all to end. Perhaps ancient Mariners like us can perhaps handle long periods of absence from our family than most. Must pop out now and follow Keith's suggestion and return those blasted bathroom scales.
    Gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    Interesting comments #1. Most of us would echo those sentiments. I did notice the Cappy household seems to be alleviating boredom by creating all manner of cakes and preserves- I'm sure the local Woman's Institute would welcome that lot. Not like that at Chateau Gill. Always a pan of Scouse simmering at the back of the stove or a cauldron of pea wack with a sheet of bacon ribs bubbling away. I go out for a good walk every day, drive to the supermarket when stocks are low. Must say, myself and her indoors (who isn't) do have a version of a '6'o'clock swill' and take a glass or two before scran. We do a Zoom with distant family and wait for it all to end. Perhaps ancient Mariners like us can perhaps handle long periods of absence from our family than most. Must pop out now and follow Keith's suggestion and return those blasted bathroom scales.
    Gilly
    an interesting post gilly ...i do think we who went deep sea can handle the lock down easier than mostenjoy your scouse in shields it was always called panhaggelty.....happy days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wasn't there a saying.
    'seaman make good prisoners"
    Or was that just me.?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast