Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: fishing rights

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default fishing rights

The bill for the uk to own all fishing rights round our island and have the power to allow others or not has been passed by the euro negotiater......that is a bigstep .....no doubt the carpers will desperately seek to find fault but thedeal is signed off ......does this mean that no deal is now of the table .......well done our negotiaters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: fishing rights

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    The bill for the uk to own all fishing rights round our island and have the power to allow others or not has been passed by the euro negotiater......that is a bigstep .....no doubt the carpers will desperately seek to find fault but thedeal is signed off ......does this mean that no deal is now of the table .......well done our negotiaters
    hi cappy
    a nice piece of news, i heard it earlier, it seems though that wee bernie and her band of snp members have gone behind the goverments backs and have been having talks with barnier over the fishing rights in scotland waters,i think she and her band of merry men should be put up for treason never mind a second referendum.
    ps
    no wonder the goverment put the waters around the channel isles and the isle of man under their protective negotiating team last week
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 24th November 2020 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well tom nothing suprises me about the wee woman ......one big gob ....but in all honesty the punching power of a gnat .......no doubt she would give the frogs and krauts the fishing rights...as part payment to join the domino that is quivering very hard at this time .....many many others want out ...it will soon start..........cappy

4. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trouble with that woman, is that if she had half a brain she could be dangerous.
    Vic

6. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well tom nothing suprises me about the wee woman ......one big gob ....but in all honesty the punching power of a gnat .......no doubt she would give the frogs and krauts the fishing rights...as part payment to join the domino that is quivering very hard at this time .....many many others want out ...it will soon start..........cappy
    hi cappy
    your absolutely correct, it seems that her back-handed dealings with barnier have extended and frustrated the negociations that have been taken place.
    tom

8. Likes cappy, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the bill for the uk to own all fishing rights round our island and have the power to allow others or not has been passed by the euro negotiater......that is a bigstep .....no doubt the carpers will desperately seek to find fault but thedeal is signed off ......does this mean that no deal is now of the table .......well done our negotiaters
    well i am so overjoyed i think as a gesture of joy louis can keep george the beloved donkey.....he likes his ears tickled ....george i mean.....

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, its shut Macron up for now at least, he now realises his fishermen could end up with nowt, kt
    R689823

12. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All this talk of “Fishing Rights” reminds me when I served on the RFA Wave Ruler off Iceland in 1960, in the “Cod War” it was an interesting time , we RFA ratings earned 10 Bob every day we refuelled a Naval vessel, and a tot of Pussers rum, I had my 20th birthday in the Arctic circle, the legal age for getting a Tot in the RN. Tots were issued midship, to all crew , as I was the youngest, I was last to get the Tot, the Chief Mate poured the rum into a copper jug over a copper tray, then measured out a Tot, we were getting “neaters” pure rum, , the Chief poured me a overflowing measure, then poured the spillers , the residue of the copper tray, .....it was about 3 tots and I had to see that off in a oner, it took me 3 attempts, then I was given about 15 sippers from my pals in the crew, an hour later I was unconscious, and stretched out in my bunk for the rest of the day, a birthday I have never forgotten
    Last edited by Bill Cameron; 24th November 2020 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We were in Strahan a few years ago when the same sort of thing happened and the fish were really plentiful. We were there with friends and a locals gave us a bucket full of fillets for evening meal.

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, it is indeed god news that the fishing rights will belong to UK to use as they see fit.

But something in the back of my mind tells me that similar occurred many years ago but those cowboys in EU took no notice and fished where ever they liked.
    It will nee d strong policing to make it work.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Likes Keith Tindell, cappy, thomas michael liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast