Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: fishing rights

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: fishing rights

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Cappy, it is indeed god news that the fishing rights will belong to UK to use as they see fit.

But something in the back of my mind tells me that similar occurred many years ago but those cowboys in EU took no notice and fished where ever they liked.
    It will nee d strong policing to make it work.
    i do have a feeling that we will make this work john ...when we got out altogether ...we have prity patel...who takes no prisoners coming on stream with no hindrance ...we have a ex SBS commander in charge of coast security ...and we have a spirit that made us what we are as a nation......lets just go go go .....and dump the whingers and carpers....cappy

2. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    i do have a feeling that we will make this work john ...when we got out altogether ...we have prity patel..y
    So far the Press have been one sided against Priti Patel, because that is their agenda, making her apologise for making a bunch of lazy buggers toe the line has diminished her authority, for the short term. She is not the sort to give in. It all stemmed from her telling heads of department that their job was not a 9 - 5 job Mon - Friday, but there was a pandemic on, and they should produce a rota for weekend work and have members of their staff available at weekends also, not necessarily be in the office but be on call. They were not used to that. I had the same experience in Ethiopia when on AID programs if I needed help on a Saturday or Sunday from the British Embassy, forget it, no one available, I was not flavour of the month when I told them people didn't stop dying at weekends.
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 25th November 2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: missed a word

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trouble with the Civil Service, its full of PC correctness, diversity awareness and all the other fads on the go, that there is little time available to do any work.
    Another thing is they do not like the direct approach or any confrontation, keep simple for them.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't understand all the whoha about fishing. The British fishing industry was f....d up in the 1960s during the cod wars. Just ask anyone from Hull Grimsby Fleetwood Aberdeen etc.or the people who worked in the shipyards. Most of the cod and haddock eaten today is landed by Icelandic or Danish boats. A high proportion of stuff caught by British boats goes straight to Europe.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently Uk fishermen are allowed approx 14% of the total catch, the Frogs have said they will still fish our waters anyway, so, a lovely opportunity here, seize their boats, impose a massive fine, and if they don't pay, flog the boats to our guys cheap, and reinstate our fishing fleet back to what it was, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Apparently Uk fishermen are allowed approx 14% of the total catch, the Frogs have said they will still fish our waters anyway, so, a lovely opportunity here, seize their boats, impose a massive fine, and if they don't pay, flog the boats to our guys cheap, and reinstate our fishing fleet back to what it was, kt
    I wonder why the fish prefer our side of the Channel as that is where they catch most, I also wonder if they impose blockades on British goods, would that also apply to fish caught on our side by them?

9. Likes thomas michael, Ivan Cloherty, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A while ago, I was following a forum on Brexit. It seemed most of the people on there were pretty up market. Anyway, one of the EU bods had given some film maker permission to film behind closed doors. One of the people on the forum had found the result and put it on air. My God! The comments coming from the Europeans were really ripe. "Let them get on with the vote. They can't make their minds up and we'll walk in and tell them what to do when it's all over". And that's one of the lesser things that was bandied about.
    So, most of our catch goes to Europe? We'll keep it and have a big promotion to eat it. They're our waters. Queen Vic would know what to do. Send the bloody gun boats in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We sent the gun boats in during the cod wars but the Icelanders sent them packing.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13... Ivan before the general public got used to cruising and getting their vast experiences of seagoing , I can remember being asked on numerous occasions what do you do at nights do you anchor. ? I got so peed off at such ignorance that I sometimes said , I put on my Pyjamas , drink a bottle of whiskey and go to bed. Today you have people joining these floating hotels and think they know it all. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing as you well know, some of our well seasoned voyagers wouldn’t know one end of a ship from the other. You just have to read some of the maritime reports put out by the media’s so called experts to realize what a bunch of unknowledgable baskets they are. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just after the war men of France used to come to UK selling onions from the back of their bikes.
    Maybe some enterprising UK men could then go over selling Kippers from the back of their cars.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Bill Cameron, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast