Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another arrest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Another arrest

You would have been safe there Cappy, it has been said the Great White has a very specific diet, more a fish eater than meat.
    But of course the Salty would be a different story.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1... Naval discipline comes under the Admiralty as the ruling authority on maritime affairs. Any Naval officer on losing a vessel faces a Court Martial Tribunal automatically. If I remember the Rules and regulations for preventing collisions at sea, it is mentioned that even though you take the appropriate action as per the Rules , this does not release you from whatever other action you may take to alleviate the possibility of collision caused by the other vessel not doing the correct thing. It is for wise heads if there are any left to decide the outcome of this case and I hope they have practising mariners on the panel of judges. Whenever I see a Court of Enquiry into a maritime disaster I cringe when I see some of the names on the panel. As for the master being arrested this will be mostly to retain him. Some others on site might remember the rig in the North Sea about 1989 which caught fire and was abandoned , the only casualty was the Radio man who went back on board to retrieve something, he was lost. It was an American rig and they all went home. At the court of enquiry the O.I.M. refused to return to the UK to give evidence and there was no way of making him. Maybe the attitude apprehension of a person is the answer. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 31st October 2020 at 08:03 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#12 Understand and agree with all of that John, but what gets my goat is the lack of information given by special shipping correspondents, instead of saying 'The Master of the Merchant vessel has been arrested' they should say 'The Master of the merchant vessel has been arrested and the Captain of the Naval vessel has been automatically suspended' but I suppose dream on, and alas taking appropriate avoiding action by the vessel which has right of way isn't always possible for a variety of reasons and with your long time in command have far more experience of that than I have. Rgds

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did answer #13 Ivan, but disappeared into the wide blue yonder. In brief different countries have different laws, even Scotland and England . I was served a summons at home by two police officers to appear at a court of enquiry by the Scottish Proculator Fiscal. Dont know what would have happened if had done a runner. Often wondered what the neighbours thought. If it wasnt so serious it would be funny. You get some so called witnesses only too willing to tell you what they had for breakfast and others who want to take the fifth amendment. I havent followed the present topic so await the outcome whatever it is. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just had a post go away as well john .....it was on rugby and has come and gone three times ....gremlins about ....i spoke to doc and it came back but has gone again ....ah well worse things happen at sea .....cappy

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just my inability with the computer Cappy . Is not set up right and waiting to see if there is any advance on the repair of my Ipad. Did you get the email about forwarding on my Email address to a common friend. ? as cant remember if I did it myself or not. Cheers JS
    R575129

10. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no john got yours with ref to your new home and email etc and surely replied ...but did not see ref to sending to third party ...would be very happy to do that ....send me a email and i will follow on ...regards ....ps i am out the shed as i looked after beloved after she fell down.......she must have enjoyed me cooking cleaning shopping gardening etc as she has fell down 6 times since lol cappy

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2