Default Re: Have Andromeda

Probably seek seeking political asylum.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only had stowaways once. That was from Kingston Jamaica. Didn't they sh...t themselves when they found we were bound for Panama not London as they thought. The yanks do not treat stowaways very well, where as at that time the mayor of London would have given them 50 quid, a home, furniture and as many ladies as they wanted.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Apparently, the oil tanker that was stranded off the Isle of Wight
    when seven stowaways were discovered, has now docked in
    Southampton.

https://news.sky.com/story/special-f...-says-12114822

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 26th October 2020 at 08:30 AM.

4. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

stranded would not be a nautical term for this vessel.....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

coming dow the red sea from basrah ....a couple of days out ...the 12 to 4 standby man saw a dusky figure shoot out the crew messroom being dark he only saw a shadow .....a quick look round the vessel found nothing ....a couple of nights later ......the dusky figure was spotted again clutching a lump of bread ....the old man stated i want the vessel thoroughly searched ...after a half our or so the dusky chap was seen in the funnel when the door was opened.....off he ran .....followed by many different shouts ....not funny for him ...but a good laugh for all on the hunt ....a wily runner to say the least .....who could of been caught quickly but all hands doing the chasing were enjoying the break in monotony as we were bound from basrah to oz .....the old man stopped the game but the stowaway who was offered food if he turned to refused the offer.....he was given a hard time and one morning was not found aboard .....it was believed he swam to some island up there perim perhaps lots of nobbies about ..never heard anymore.....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in the early 90s I was Chief Engineer on the ferry Pride of Canterbury when we spent a couple of nights charging up and down the English Channel being boarded by the SBS and SAS from small boats and helicopters. It was all most impressive, apart from the poor bugger who was dropped down one of the main engine uptakes. He was whipped out pretty jolly quickly and the military denied that it had happened. However, inspection in daylight showed a number of large boot prints on the spark arresting mesh a few feet down the uptake! Members of Kent police were paid to act as terrorists and they were treated pretty badly by the soldiers and Marines, who seemed to bear some sort of grudge! We lost our Donkeyman for a few hours. He was found locked on a wardrobe, having forgotten that he should have been wearing a hi viz vest to show he was crew, not a terrorist, when he was out of the engine room.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wallace-Sims View Post
    Back in the early 90s I was Chief Engineer on the ferry Pride of Canterbury when we spent a couple of nights charging up and down the English Channel being boarded by the SBS and SAS from small boats and helicopters. It was all most impressive, apart from the poor bugger who was dropped down one of the main engine uptakes. He was whipped out pretty jolly quickly and the military denied that it had happened. However, inspection in daylight showed a number of large boot prints on the spark arresting mesh a few feet down the uptake! Members of Kent police were paid to act as terrorists and they were treated pretty badly by the soldiers and Marines, who seemed to bear some sort of grudge! We lost our Donkeyman for a few hours. He was found locked on a wardrobe, having forgotten that he should have been wearing a hi viz vest to show he was crew, not a terrorist, when he was out of the engine room.
    ha ha nice one Howard, i doubt if they had a grudge against the police apparently its par for the course for them. My brother was on exercise with a REME unit and was in a mobile workshop producing something on a lathe when he was very roughly dragged out, stripped to his underwear and chucked in a holding pen made from barbed wire along with the rest of his unit. They had all been captured by a handful of SAS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would think, and hope, that these 7 guys will not be interested in asylum here for some time, hijacking, causing a major alert or whatever you wish to call it, should carry quite a few years at her majesties pleasure, which is still probably better conditions than where they came from, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

passing the local airfield 4 years ago i saw a large helicopter in the dark ...probably a chinook ....hovering and a team of guys abseiling down at a very fast speed ...i pulled over on the country road ..it did feel as if danger was about ,,the next thing a vehicle came alongside and a guy in uniform asked me politely to move on....but it certainly aroused my interest......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Military should have shot them,
    They must have been armed to hold 22 crew hostage,, so shoot them.
    You have to have a deterrent, or more will try to do it.
    But the Daft stupid Do-gooders will put them in a Hotel, new clothes and spending money , then send for their families to come over to join them, It never ends.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast