Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basic Information for the Reasons and Causes of Tides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Basic Information for the Reasons and Causes of Tides.

Hi i have a theory about the rising sea levels, which i have never heard anyone mention in all the time it has been talked about. I call it "bricks in a bucket" If you have a bucket of water and drop bricks in then the level is bound to rise. In this case the sea is the bucket being a finite amount of water, most in the seas and some being in the clouds and weather cycles. The bricks are as follows, All the debris that's washed down from the world's landscapes during rainy seasons in many parts of the world that ends up in the seas. All the material that is being spewed into the seas by underwater volcanoes all around the planet. Kilauea in Hawaii has been constantly erupting into the sea since 1983. Mans' contribution would be sunken ships, containers and any other items that we have dropped into the seas. There's probably some things i cannot think of but feel there are other things of this nature. While i agree that man is not helping the planet i do not believe it is our fault alone. I have never heard this type of theory mentioned by the scientific world or any other source. The seas' level is naturally bound to rise, there is nowhere else for the water to go when there are "bricks" constantly being dropped in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is certainly something that doesnt raise the levels and that is melting sea ice. If people can be fooled by that one just drop a few ice cubes in a glass of water , wait for them to melt and see how much the water level rises . Try the same in a glass of whiskey and the level will probably go down , some people are very impatient when it comes to whiskey. However a melting ice berg does not raise the sea level it replaces the level to which the berg was originally floating in . JS
    R575129

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Correct as usual John, and remembering that most of the ice burg is under water.
    But as is the case with the 'climate' argument, in m y opinion a load of political crap, there are those who will believe anything they are told.

The younger generation are being brain washed at school by all the left wing teachers and the lack of serious education getting most of their info from Mr. Google.

The lack of information out there about some simple facts is quite amazing.

Greenland some 800 years ago was just that when the Vikings first went there, hence the name.

Iceland, one of the biggest contributors to ocean waste.
    In most parts apart from the capital there is no sewage system.
    All the crap from the dunny goes into a plastic bag.
    This is left on the shore line at low tide and washed out to sea with high tide.

Rubbish lifting ocean levels, well most of us on UCL contributed with all the stuff we put over the wall.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Greenland some 800 years ago was just that when the Vikings first went there, hence the name.

Mentioned quite a few times in several posts:

Erik the Red named it Grœnland (translated as "Greenland"), supposedly in the hope that the pleasant name would attract settlers.

K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2