Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Info. Required. Thomas Emanuel Ramsden

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Info. Required. Thomas Emanuel Ramsden

Christiana Ramsden, daughter of Thomas Manuel Ramsden and Christiana was born on 17 Jan 1844 in Capetown, Cape
    Of Good Hope, South Africa (On board ship). She died on 28 Aug 1894 in Foxton, NZ.

https://gablerose.com/savell-ancestor.html

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith copy of. Text sent to me from one of the Savells. John big correction Christiana Ramsden was not bornon the schooner lioness as previously stated. The Lioness had not been built when she was born in 1844 on board ship at the cape. Sorry mate the cutting you are referring to belongs to one of my brothers and is a mistake. They have been gathering info. For some time and most on the magic box is what they have found. The pieces that are missing are in the original query printed by Vernon. Thanks though for the efforts being put in. Cheers JS
    R575129

4. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith the only knowledge I Have is about Harry Ramsden who put fish and chips on the table in his cafes with table cloths on and lights in subdued lighting in his cafes and up graded fish and chips to a higher degree , starting in Yorkshire, in latter years also in Sydney Australia where he was not as successful, probably because us Aussies still prefer them out of newspaper or the more modern and healthy papers of today. Cheers JS
    R575129

Keith at Tregenna Guest

RE: #3. hopefully with anyone who has any knowledge in this track and trace game can assist i am sure the Person who is seeking such will be most grateful.

At the moment there is nothing new on the possible father of Thomas Emanuel, most of what I do discover is interesting and helps build a picture as we know nothing ourselves at square one. There is a lot I have not posted that is part of trying to discover more and thus far have three children possibly of Thomas Emanuel, any info I may post is both for me to find it again and to possibly aid anyone also assisting.

Francina Catharina Kock born Ramsden (1828-1882) born 30 August 1828; daughter of Louisa Carolina Kock / Kok van de Kaap – divorced (1849) wife of mariner Thomas Ramsden; baptized Catharina Francina Kok.

https://mansellupham.wordpress.com/2...cht-1781-1838/

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Trehearne View Post
    You are tremendous Doc - what you trace is exceptional. Wonder what you do in your spare time.
    Ken T
    R412277

Ken, he attempts to play Golf. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

#12: Generally for a request we ask for all possible information as we start knowing nothing really at all.
    Part of helping is to find out as much as possible and generally much is akin to detective work, where the
    smallest snippet holds the key to the answers sought.

A lot of time and thinking goes into the research and often taking a break and looking again refreshed helps
    a lot. Golf to me would be a good escape, it also not only fairly relaxing but a great time to discuss much with
    others.

A couple of recent snippets, include Thomas Emanuel Ramsden's occupation given as Gateman, West India Dock
    and his son that emigrated to the US. Touch wood now enough info to back track much to find out more of the
    earlier family connections.

Keith.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2