Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trouble at mill lads

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trouble at mill lads

Terry
    Yes, sympathize with you. New computer running Windows and when you first start it up it insists you set up your Microsoft account and if you don't you get constant reminders to do so. Still haven't figured out how to bypass that after getting two new computers.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, As you say they will never leave you alone its best to just do it and be done with it Regards John, Good to be back Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just remember to store everything you give them somewhere safe as at some time in the future they will ask you - what is your security answer, I always have to ask - what is the question, so they will try something else like what is the third and fifth letter of your first school .
    In variably it is some time after you set up so you will never remember unless you have it stored away

4. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All wrote down in my little book which no one ever gets there hands on Tony, I suppose its only a good thing for your own security, The bank was the same because this is a new p.c. i had to have a one time pass code text to my phone probably a good thing i have been online for maybe just over an hour and had to reboot for updates twice Regards Tony hope all is well in your world mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    You cant keep a good man down lads, I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have just set up this new p.c. Laptop, Bloody ell Microsoft want to know everything there is to know, Luckily enough i had all my pass words wrote down,
    Buy when it came to ...........Where you where christened, At which church, The name of the priest, What was my head Masters name in school, How many kids you had Grand kids, What a bloody trek that was. I decorated my front room quicker in lock down. Terry. Back Aboard
    Try to stay afloat with this one Terry.
    R635733

7. Likes Bill Cameron, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To those that don’t have it, for a few bucks at most, having VPN installed is the best investment you can have. It runs in the background and no-one can trace you, know who you are or where you’ve been online. No more pop-ups enticing you to purchase items that you previously looked at. ProtonVPN in Switzerland has a free version with no logs and add-ons for a small fee. It’s worth a look. There are plenty of VPN offerings out there.
    Duke Drennan R809731

9. Thanks John Gill, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Lads ! just wanted to let all my buddy:s know ! am not !qnorinq anyone my p.c has called !t a day until ! get back on l!ne i cant post or answer any emails Regards lads Terry.
    Well Well........... So i get my new puter and set it up working a treat i thought to myself sat here posting god life is good, Then insteps the DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to be on that all day again she said i wanted the cupboard that you promised to scrap which is clutting the hall way dumping and don't forget i bought the paint for the revamp you promised to do on the bedroom furniture. Furniture i purchased 20 yrs ago now don't get me wrong this pine furniture and the fact that it does not contain a nail or a screw [ All dove tail joints and solid pine } I think i had one over the eight when i promised this............... Switched off the p.c. got my head down and went for it don't get me wrong lads it looks fantastic. In Between sanding/ Priming / undercoat / And the brilliant finish i broke up the old cupboard she wanted dumping which was in her way in the hall. Yesterday as i thought i need a dose of M.N. Memorabilia Argos dropped a bloody big flat pack through the letter box it was a new cupboard for the hall exactly the same size as the one i binned if i never new better i would say it was the one i broke up and binned last week to a T, Between the fire hissing down my listeners for the last week, And the bloody moaning clothes in bin bags ETC... I have had enough she told me she was going to bingo with her sister tonight as it was open again...OH NO your not i have a new carpet getting delivered i need you to help me empty the new bedroom you wanted. 50 Years of happy Marriage if this carries on it will be a miracle the truth is lads they don't like to see you sat down growing old gracefully and doing your own thing HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damned if you do damned if you don't Terry. ( the pubs are open now).🍺🍺
    R635733

12. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry glad to see you are back.

Just as well the Pigeons I offered to use for mail are no more.

Things got a bit tough here with the Virus, bloody great Pigeon pie we had.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Red Lead Ted, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Drennan View Post
    To those that don’t have it, for a few bucks at most, having VPN installed is the best investment you can have. It runs in the background and no-one can trace you, know who you are or where you’ve been online. No more pop-ups enticing you to purchase items that you previously looked at. ProtonVPN in Switzerland has a free version with no logs and add-ons for a small fee. It’s worth a look. There are plenty of VPN offerings out there.
    Agree Duke however i had a good VPN here (Nord), at first it worked like a charm but then later on it started to play up and i was having all sorts of probs with it, i wrote to the Company explaining the issues ,they did i must say try and help, but was in vain, so they Refunded the Money. Since then i have not again used one! Just stick with Norton Security and Windows Firewall
    Cheers

https://yourvpnservice.com/reviews/p...tom%20Line.%20

Free Version only 3 Servers Duke !

Here is a list in Aussie but can get many out there

https://vpnguru.com/best-vpns-new?So...5080e631eacf9f
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 30th July 2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast