Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the royal family

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    the royal family is taking a pounding as late?jp
    yes john our queen is taking some stick ......these things seem to come in 3s.....she is to old for all this crap now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Re: the royal family

Yes it's very sad in this her Platinum Jubilee Year.To think she called 1992 her Annus Horibilis year,that one has nothing on this one.
    Yes I did check I spelt that with two 'n's.
    Come to think of it I have seen a few horrible ones of the other spelling when I came to giving an injection or two.Injections are so much more satisfying to give than a tablet or two,don't you think?
    Hey up!...here she comes!Nurse.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Graham it is a sorry state of affairs if one follows the media reports. The monarchy came into disrepute as soon as the Royal household became more open to the public scrutiny and reporting by the media , which any normal household in the UK holds sacred. Whoever offered this advice should have been castrated , the Queen has served well and is Britain’s number one national hero as far as I am concerned .However the future of the monarchy is under a cloud as to its position of leading by example . I wish them well but when she is gone a lot will cease to exist that she stood for . The media have absolutely nothing to be proud of. JS .
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: the royal family

I do think that of all the Monarchy members that our generation have known and been there as we grew up that the only one who had a sense of humour that we can relate to was Prince Phillip-maybe because of his being a naval man,and having 'been around a bit'as well as being rather a bit of an outsider. Nobody on the Queen's side of the family,including Her Majesty herself and certainly not her own children have a sense of humour-despite many of her royal staff,reporters and hangers on saying that she does.
    No,Prince Phillip certainly had that spark of humour and sadly that is such a great loss to HM- -a chalk and cheese ,personality-wise pairing nearly always makes for a strong relationship.Take one out of the equation and that paired dynamic is lost.Combine that loss with the trials and tribulation of ageing,and having family troubles as well does not make for a happy person,including a Queen.
    She is the only one I care about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The big question now is who is paying for Andrew the dick, and his exploits, as long as its not any of my money i could not care less.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5 I must admit on the face of it that maybe correct Graham. Prince Charles over his lifetime has taken a lot of stick from the media , most of it made up garbage, I can only say as a I found , without beating about the bush I met him on the quayside in Aberdeen and found he was a very shy man , but willing to try and match the vernacular his father would probably have come out with , as it is 34 years ago the media maybe a bit out of date today in any adverse publicity they may come out with. I think I have put this on before , his first question to me was “ I hope she’s better looking inside than what she’s outside “ my reply No she isn’t. Next question “ I hope you were wearing your brown trousers out there ? “ just laughed .He was trying his best to make conversation to a complete stranger and struggling with it. Today I have no doubt he is much more capable of doing so. At the time he had the media’s favourite personage his wife , who made no effort to go along with him in a dual effort. The media afterwards wanted to know what had been said , and I told them to eff off and mind their own business , which I would do exactly the same thing today. The Sun newspaper offered one of my crew 2000 pounds on the spot for his story and he grabbed the reporter by the neck telling him the skipper had told them to not speak to the press until they had talked to the police . So commenced my total indifference to the fairy stories one still reads in the media. Some maybe dote on the media, I certainly don’t as they are quite aware of . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th February 2022 at 01:35 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cheer UP
    The GRand old Duke of York had twenty $million quid; gave it all to a girl in the States
    For something he never did.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just shows though Des , how many wouldn’t prostitute themselves for money like that ? It’s a pity prostitution wasnt illegal at the time , or maybe it was . Moral of the story I suppose always get a receipt for proof of entry in any future accusations .. She can now join the exclusive and elite club who can say they have sat on a million dollars , and how easy it was. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th February 2022 at 12:48 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    At seventeen I was an innocent; so were many young girls, probably at first thought she was with a King Pin.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast