Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Trawler

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Super Trawler

Super Trawler the 450 foot Maritime is fishing for Mackerel off of the Isle of Wight.
    The Trawler can process 25 tons of fish a day and is the secondly largest Trawler in the World.
    The ship has been banned from fishing in Australian waters.
    The shipowners Parievliet & van see Plas, declined to comment, their website States that they comply with EU quotas.
    The ship can stay at sea continuously for 8 weeks, a lot of fish can be caught in that period, most of the fish is exported to Africa.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Super Trawler

Reported to be fishing within EU rules, be interesting possibly at the end of the month !!!, perhaps the plan, clear us out of fish before we leave, she is Dutch owned, but registered somewhere else, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lithunian, I believe Keith.
    I shows the flaws in the EU fish policy.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 5th October 2019 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Dutch and the Danish strongly lobbied their own governments to block the UK from leaving the EU, as they would lose their rights to fish in UK waters, the Danes would lose 60% of their annual catch of which 40% is exported to the UK, the Dutch would lose 55/60% of their annual catch and would thereby lose their exporting opportunities to the UK, meanwhile our UK registered trawlers (many now Spanish owned to circumnavigate quota rules in their own waters) have to respect EU quotas and are fined heavily if the exceed them even if fishing in UK waters...………...confused.com!

And people want us to remain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ivan.
    Your right about them being tossed from Australian waters, they would have denuded our fishing. I can now see why anyone;; . May being an example ,would delay xxxxxx if they were getting payed by these people; or later a job maybe.
    Des
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th October 2019 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What do you expect when the EU is run by unelected faceless bureaucrats with a bent on dictatorship!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fleetwood, once one of UKs Biggest Fishing ports was completely destroyed by europe/.

outside the ex port are loads of french,belgian and spanixh trawlers taking our fish.
    the Fish Wholesaler has a Big Container coming in every week from cherbourg france with fish from Morecambe Bay.

That Big Trawler is catching thousands of tons of Sea Bass, On the beach in Fleetwood the other day, "Jobsworth" with his clip board comes everyday, checking on the lads who fish with a Rod, he inspects their catch. He measures the Sea Bass, less than 18 centimetres they have to throw them back into the sea even tho` they are dead, and are only allowed to catch ONE FISH A DAY,or they are heavily fined and Rod confiscated.
    OUR STUPID MPs are encouraging the Europeans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wood View Post
    What do you expect when the EU is run by unelected faceless bureaucrats with a bent on dictatorship!!!
    I thought it was already as most new "rules" appear to be coming from unelected people.

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When ever I read articles like this my blood pressure goes through the roof with anger (Post 1) Forget project fear and other lies told to us by a lot of pessimistic politicians about the present referendum and cast your minds back to the first referendum on the Common Market in 1975. If my memory serves me well the pro leave M.P's were Anthony Wedge-wood Ben, Michael Foot and Barbara Castle they pointed out that EEC was all about German Industry and French Agriculture and those policies (Including the Common Agriculture Policy 'Subsidies'.) Would among others be detrimental to the U.K. Over time they have been proved right. The common fishing policy was not even mentioned at the time even though it is one piece of legislation that has proved to be both contentious and disastrous to the U.K. fishing fleet. As far as I can tell the politicians tried to get it on the agenda in the recent negotiations and were told non, nein and no chance. The sooner we leave this subservient roll that this country has been placed in by the Brussels politicians the better.
    Last edited by john walker; 6th October 2019 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    The Dutch and the Danish strongly lobbied their own governments to block the UK from leaving the EU, as they would lose their rights to fish in UK waters, the Danes would lose 60% of their annual catch of which 40% is exported to the UK, the Dutch would lose 55/60% of their annual catch and would thereby lose their exporting opportunities to the UK, meanwhile our UK registered trawlers (many now Spanish owned to circumnavigate quota rules in their own waters) have to respect EU quotas and are fined heavily if the exceed them even if fishing in UK waters...………...confused.com!

And people want us to remain
    I watched a program (Panorama or similar) where Spanish boats were discharging fish in Spain, caught in our waters, which were blatantly undersize and the relevant officials were standing there and totally ignored the illegal activity .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast