Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Persian Gulf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Persian Gulf

I did eight years up and down the Persian Gulf in the 50s, the only problem we had was when the West tried to put the Shah back on his throne, had to leave Abadan without tugs, with plenty of the Arab version of get stuffed ringing in our years. Now it looks like the Huties ? have queered the pitch somewhat with their attack on the Saudi oilfields, stunned the world, so much for all the satellite spying, came as a complete surprise to all , It's a pity they didn't target the palace and give that Saudi Prince his just deserts, but there is hope yet.
    Putting petrol in the car this morning the young girl behind the counter said , "Hope you have your horses ready."
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Persian Gulf

First of the Super Tankers.Click on html to read this interesting article.

Link had to be removed as it was insecure see my Post please! Sorry Thanks

Regards from,
    Fouro.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 16th September 2019 at 05:44 AM.

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro
    Yes interesting reading ,however the Link when opened is not secure so unfortunately it has to be removed. All unsecure Links are now not allowed on this site.
    Sorry but that is Brian's Regulations .

Insecure Site.JPG

While on this issue can All Members check the Links that you may add in a Thread or Post and make sure that they are Secure Sites ,this can be seen below as an Example of a Secure Site with Lock showing,whereas the above Pic has no Lock on the Right side of the little House Icon.
    Thank you

Secure Site with Lock.JPG
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 16th September 2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It often makes one wonder just what is going on.
    Attack on oil field which will no doubt at last short term increase the price of oil, so therefore petrol, and subsequently all goods.

At the same time somewhere in Europe I think there was an 'Arms Fair'.
    All the latest armaments on show for those who wish to purchase.

Just who is kidding who?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All that Pollution those Aramco Oil Refineries are causing with all the black poisonous chemical smoke into the atmosphere,
    Not one Green is going there to complain about the carbon effects.
    They want to stop my little car, But do not go to these places that are causing Pollution, Saudi and Brazil and Indonesia.
    Not one Green to be seen or heard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    I did eight years up and down the Persian Gulf in the 50s, the only problem we had was when the West tried to put the Shah back on his throne, had to leave Abadan without tugs, with plenty of the Arab version of get stuffed ringing in our years. Now it looks like the Huties ? have queered the pitch somewhat with their attack on the Saudi oilfields, stunned the world, so much for all the satellite spying, came as a complete surprise to all , It's a pity they didn't target the palace and give that Saudi Prince his just deserts, but there is hope yet.
    Putting petrol in the car this morning the young girl behind the counter said , "Hope you have your horses ready."
    Cheers Des
    Give that man a medal, blimey Des, after that the New Zealand coast must have been Paradise , used to enjoy the atmosphere of Port Said
    went ashore at Aden once and saw walking post boxes for the first time, through the Suez three times and always thought what a God forsaken
    place that is, but absolutely loved going through the Panama, always found that interesting and especially the locks, went ashore once at
    Cristobal which was an eye opener but would liked to have seen it in the daylight, cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI John.
    Did 8months running from Kuwait to the refinery at Aden; a was glad when another BTC tanker re-leaved us, mind you there was a big RAF camp there with a swimming pool so it wasn't all bad.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Dog House Bar, Cristobal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I Like most on here did many trips to and from the perishing gulf working for several shipping companies on various flagged vessels including the Kuwaiti flag. I also worked in Saudi Arabia in a shore side position for a year, I also worked for a total of 4 years in the Yemen travelling extensively around the country. My observations on the subject are that the Saudi's have been bombing the hell out of the Yemen with impunity, They have tried everything they can to subdue the Houthi population including mass starvation all without success. The Saudi army is equipped with an abundance of modern arms in fact the best that money can buy. I do not think they have the guts to put their army in a combat position on the ground in the Yemen everything is done by proxy. The Houthi are like the Taliban in Afghanistan a very tight knit community who are only interested in the clans and tribes that they belong to and will follow their elders and leaders to the death if need be. Like Afghanistan this war will go on for a very long time unless there is some sort of negotiated settlement. I like most am not sure whether the attacks on the Saudi oilfields were carried out by drones from Yemen or missiles from Iran, but do know that the arrogant Saudi government probably got the shock that they deserve and that what ever happens next between the U.S.A./Iran/Yemen and Saudi especially all out war should not be supported by us. Unless we do not mind another Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/Syria debacle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with the above post fully, not sure how easily these drones can be dealt with ?, and of course as the Saudi,s now begin to realise, they are able to target individuals, which should make the Saudi Royals a bit nervous. The middle East has been a boiling point for years and years, anyone from outside getting involved does not understand the mindset of these people, they do not think in the same way as the Westerners, which George Bush and his statement that the war was one in Iraq proved, you just open up a new can of worms, we should stay out of it, kt
    R689823

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast