Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tankers attacked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tankers attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Denton View Post
    (1) I have to mention that on several occasions Captain Kong you have mentioned or referred to incidents or incident that took place in Iran or in the Gulf some years back. Why can you not spill the beans? I doubt very much you would be getting into bother today.

(2) I can never remember Saudi Arabia being a friendly place ever.
    (1) Unless you have dealings with a 'Department' then it may be difficult to understand his reluctance, but I do, I've been in a similar situation. You are never threatened, politeness is order of the day, but a politeness fringed with intimation of consequences should you stray from their advice.

(2) having worked in Saudi, I fully concur.

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with you. My impression of Iran pre revolution was as you described but towards the end of the Iran / Iraq war I went to Shriaz and Tehran and that was an totally different experience. The Iranian people I met both in and out of Iran were normal (a couple of guys I knew were great fun) but the people in charge are nutters, not quite as bad as the Saudis but close.
    We should keep out of the Gulf and let them get on with it.There is a whole industry dedicated to maintaining destabilization of the region. Think about how much money, how many lives, how many attempts over how many years by how many “great” people and the pathetic results. In any other game we would have all been sacked years ago but the money is in keeping this thing going. There is sufficient energy elsewhere and they need the money. Getting out might put some real economic pressure to acellerate the development of carbon free energy. Confiscate all their western assets as payment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From my own experience during the same time frame, I would totally agree with Samuel Denton about the Iranians and the Saudis. On the tanker issue I would have to ask - who gains from this? It is hardly credible that the Iranians would target a Japanese tanker when in the middle of trade talks with the Japanese government. Dark forces are at work, but who are they? Could be Israeli, Saudi, US, Russia,China - any one of which could see advantage in destabilising the region. I doubt I shall live long enough to find out!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great to see that President Trump called off the retaliatory strikes against Iran for downing the drone and there by saved 150 innocent Iranian lives. Um!!!! I wonder did the powers in the US military tell Commander in Chief to wind his neck in???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see this morning that the USA hit back at Iran, by hacking in to the Iranian air defence system, and disabling it, this is the way future disputes/wars will be decided, by computer experts sitting at desks. Just imagine a country taking out the radio station, power stations of another country, even down to hacking the car systems, so in effect all traffic would come to a halt, all power lost, and no one knowing what the hell was going on, frightening to think of, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bit on the news about Norway Hydro getting hacked, so far costs $40m and will take another six months to restore everything after getting hacked.

Vic

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of those tankers that was " bombed whilst at anchor off the UAE has been repaired, done a ship to ship transfer and is now loaded and on its way to Iran!!!
    Rgds
    J.A.

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump and Hunt have blamed Iran for the attack on the tankers. Where is the evidence ? Where are the witness statements from the captain's and crews ? Where are the shipyards and insurance reports into the damage and cause ?ok

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    . Where is the evidence ? Where are the witness statements from the captain's and crews ? Where are the shipyards and insurance reports into the damage and cause ?ok
    Those official reports and statements will be suppressed for legal (as well as possibly political ) reasons until full investigations have taken place, which is what happens in any major incident. I doubt officials see any reason to keep us in the loop at this time. In the meantime you will be assailed with all kinds of explanations from various 'shipping correspondents' who do not know port from starboard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

During the Iran Iraqi hostilitys I had a friend working for an Iranian Company he was chief engineer on one of their ships . He told me that going up the gulf it was the custom of the Iranian crew to keep the hoses trained on the funnel. The funnel on a ship is a heat seeking target for any heat seeking missile. I said to him I hope they checked the sea temperature to make sure they weren’t inviting them on board . The same friend I sailed with him both deep sea and in the North Sea on various ships , then he had to go and get himself drowned in the North Sea about 2 months after the P.A disaster. As death has been discussed in various other posts and one just recently of Vernon’s BIL , I get very nostalgic about karma , sorry your sad loss Vernon , when ones time is up , that’s it I suppose. JS
    R575129

14. Thanks Tony Taylor, cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast