Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tankers attacked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tankers attacked

The way I read it Trump doesn't want a war anywhere, he talked big with North Korea, but then on the second trip he took Wolf's advice and
    and it got stuffed up, Wolf and Pompeo ? then started calling the shots there. Trump wants to talk to the Iranian leaders, they both say they don't want a war, someone is playing dirty buggers in the Gulf in order to start one. Think Israel.
    Des

2. Likes Evan Lewis, Trevor Bodiam liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Israel getting the blame, they don't have any facilities close to the where the incidents occurred. Whereas Iran has a top secret military base not far from the attcks.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Iran has caused a lot of trouble in the past with Tankers.
    I was involved in an incident just after the revolution, but "It never happened, "so "security". told us.

5. Thanks Tony Taylor thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have to mention that on several occasions Captain Kong you have mentioned or referred to incidents or incident that took place in Iran or in the Gulf some years back. Why can you not spill the beans? I doubt very much you would be getting into bother today, especially the way the world is now. I can remember being in Abadan before the revolution and during the revolution never had any bother.The locals were friendly enough. They were certainly a lot more friendly than the Saudi Arabians. The agent used to bring onboard large jars of Pistachio nuts. I do remember before the revolution going ashore to the seaman's club and you could have a beer. Also remember the women a lot of whom wore western dress. Some good looking women in Iran, they had gorgeous eyes, and that was not the view through the letter box (sorry). Yes certainly during the revolution things did get nasty and shore leave was stopped. I can never remember Saudi Arabia being a friendly place ever.
    Last edited by Samuel Denton; 15th June 2019 at 11:28 PM.

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Iran or not Iran, that is what should be considered.
    The Iranian Revolutionary Guards were supposedly their elite force. This does not look that way to me.
    It looks staged and amateur and from my perspective very suspicious.
    There are many nations who would like to stir up trouble and blaming the Iranians seems too easy.
    There are many questions to be answered before anyone can be certain if the facts given out are true or manipulation of the media.
    Just voicing my opinion and awaiting replies, but remember that all politicians, particularly on global issues tell us very big "porkies".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the first death of a crewman from another country it will not be the last? find whoever is doing this proof first action second ? jp

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Samuel.
    When a "Security " person threatens you with a " It never happened, you say Nothing, You do not speak about it or write about it,or Else" I say , "Or Else, what?" he says with an icy stare, "Just, or Else!". he was more scary than the Revolutionary Guards with a gun at the head.
    I made a tape recording of some of the happenings, I must have mentioned it, but cant remember if I did, I was home on leave and my car was broken into, very professionally, of all my tapes just that one disappeared.

eg
    Doctor Kelly , said there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, , Oh yes there is, he was told by a politician. a few days later he was found dead in a field, suicide???????????

You do not take chances with `people` or "departments" like that.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 16th June 2019 at 08:48 AM.

12. Thanks Samuel Denton thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said London had concluded Iran was 'almost certainly' responsible for Thursday's tanker attacks.

The Marine's will protect against small vessels, mines and naval missiles which might be targeted at Royal Navy boats or British merchant ships, The Times reported.
    Donald Trump has said the oil tanker attacks had Iran 'written all over it', rejecting Tehran's vehement denial.
    Attacks on tankers have brought chilling echoes of the 1980s Tanker War which resulted in a one-day naval battle between the US and Iran. Not good at all lads Terry.
    {terry scouse}

14. Likes vic mcclymont, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is false news and there is false news. We are all men of the sea and in our time our eyes were opened to what was going on in the world.
    According to our ABC news Donald Trump said that a US destroyer saved the men from the Norwegian tanker, On TV the next day it showed the Norwegian seamen in Iran after being rescued by them, and later boarding a flight home from Iran. That film showing Iranians taking a limpet mine off the ship looked a bit shady to me, who was that close at sea level that they never challenged them.
    As Brian said Dr Kelly supposedly committed suicide!!! I don't think, any fool could see the Secret service's hand in that.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 17th June 2019 at 01:03 AM.

16. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    echoes of the 1980s Tanker War which resulted in a one-day naval battle between the US and Iran. Not good at all lads Terry.
    UN records show that during the Iran/Iraq conflict 1984 - 1990

546 neutral ships were damaged and 430 MN neutral personnel were killed. There is no mention of the numbers injured, nor as in WWII the number who subsequently died of those wounds.

Naturally they never rated a mention in the Press.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast