Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gone adrift

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default gone adrift

###just wondered what has happened to lewis mcoll.....havnt heard his dulcet tones for a while ....not like lewis to be quiet for long ....perhaps jim or keith have news of him they seemed quite a friendly trio .....cappy

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: gone adrift

listened to all the twaddle about the Freemasons and went to join the Legion. Vernon gave him the address. 13 Bastille Street .. Paris. Where all the turmoil is with the yellow jackets. Probably cracking a few skulls before dinner. Just to show Louis how it’s done. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th January 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think when you look at a thread that Lewis was posting on, you will see that Lewis is gone. However, its a shame when we lose any member, kt
    R689823

5. Thanks j.sabourn, Red Lead Ted, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear that Keith , my post was in jest only. Everyone is entitled to their own views. Lewis is no exception as others are also. Maybe my whole life has been different than most as being very little on the shore side of things , and maybe too used to mostly hilarity on ships. Those ships that didn’t have didn’t hang around too long , maybe some are too thin skinned , but Lewis didnt strike me as being too thin skinned , he had his seatime in and knew the score. I still think he will be back as usual, he was a stickler for his own ways. As a lot of us are. Come back Lewis promise not to laugh when you say you were abducted by a beautiful young heiress in the South of France. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that's right John, Lewis crossed swords with a lot on here, me included, but still enjoyed his banter, and his input from his time at sea. Hope he comes back, he was a bit rattled before he went, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I think when you look at a thread that Lewis was posting on, you will see that Lewis is gone. However, its a shame when we lose any member, kt
    ##that statement is more than true keith we have lost many good and honourable people ..but that is life in general ...we are like chaff in the wind ......cappy

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would appear that Lewis has left the site as his name no longer appears in the members list. I had an occasion where I sent a PM to Lewis asking for advice which was only pertinent to him and I and have to say he was most helpful. So sorry to see him go.
    Regards
    John C

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't heard from Lew I will most probably receive an e.mail from him when he is next due in the UK to go for a pint.RLT and myself had a nice afternoon with Lew in Liverpool he is not loud in anyway and a nice guy to have a pint with.How some people on here judge other people on here without ever meeting them amuses me.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

probably applies to most of us on this site Jim, very few of us have actually met, and yet most of us form a judgment in one way or another. You were fortunate to meet a few on the meet up , something i would like to have done. I hope Lewis has a change of heart, if it us to him??, kt
    R689823

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Sorry to hear that Keith . Come back Lewis promise not to laugh when you say you were abducted by a beautiful young heiress in the South of France. JS.
    The written word cannot often convey the tone in which the statement was made. It is easy to get upset about a written statement if one is not aware of the intended tone of the statement, that is why I dont do Facebook and the likes, as I have seen so many many arguments and fallings out due to a statement being taken the wrong way when it was not meant originally to upset people.
    Considering "normal" shipboard humour (more commonly known as p-ss taking) it is possible that a statement has been taken the wrong way.
    I hope he reconsiders and comes back.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 10th January 2019 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast