Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    NO treat there
    ###careful now ive had me bob martins ....and am humping everything in site

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: poppy days

A little respect for the Poppy lads, please.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    Nice to hear that your Grandson is still doing well in Rugby circles even if he is playing for a French team, must be better money there; you must be a proud old Grandad, good luck for his future.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking again at the clothes on the guy next to Cappy makes me realize the 'Op shops' in Shields sell some decent stuff.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes cappy, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Cappy.
    Nice to hear that your Grandson is still doing well in Rugby circles even if he is playing for a French team, must be better money there; you must be a proud old Grandad, good luck for his future.
    Cheers Des
    ####morning des ....charlie has a 2 year contract with Scotland strange as it may seem ....it appears the scots wish to get into the game in france which has a great financial and supporter following ....itappears they have chosen Nice to get up into higher leagues ...perhaps to buy into french rugby ....the team are doing great things having won 7 matches on the trot ....charlie is truly living his dream they are travelling up to dijon this weekend .....and i will have a video of the match ...shortly after full time......he gets french lessons a car and a fine property by the beach .....better than his gramps who was on the beach lol.....so apart from any big hits he is loving it ....thanks for the interest .....his life is a great boost to all our family ....regards cappy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Looking again at the clothes on the guy next to Cappy makes me realize the 'Op shops' in Shields sell some decent stuff.
    ##why aye man ......regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    The Scots must have known about that sporran that you kept all your money in gave him an edge.
    Cheers des

9. Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

####some 45 years ago in late september i was driving overnight from the south of spain to the channel ports.....i had been told by my father and grandmother that the capps family had a young person lost in the great war in picardie......i remember being told that his grave and memorial were in a small cemetary in a community called dernancourt .....for some reason as i drove north the morning mists made me think of that time.... iwas in the area of Albert......pat was asleep the mist was swirling and to be honest i was not thinking of dernancourt but more of.... flanders fields the poppies grow like the crosses row on row .....a small wooden sign appeard which stated dernancourt which immedietely woke my full senses ......i drove down a small narrow track just as dawn was breaking and a cemetary appeared with a large gate...i woke pat who wondered what we were doing there .....in side the gate was a plan of the cemetary there was a simple method of finding a specific grave ......it was still misty and a great sorrow i felt as i walked past the graves of some 18 19 year old young men....i walked straight to the grave ....seeing my family name and the name of my grandas brother was very emotional.......he was 23 he was a machine gunner .....pat started to weep and went back to the car ....i sure felt very very humble......so on returning i called to see my father who was not a well man and tell him of this happening ......he informed me that in 1944 he had hoisted a jeep and with a shields buddy had gone to seek the grave.....but a german push made them shoot of fast .....so RIP private JOSEPH CAPPS service number 3932 YORKSHIRE REGIMENT GOD BLESS....DUTY DONE........a sad but wiser cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the memories of the first world war are among us to this day. My fatter-in-law was born 1n 1904 and was the youngest of a large family. His brother George was lost in 1918, his body was never found. The Red Cross enquiry after the war, where his comrades who survived were interviewed, stated that they were advancing at Pashendale, amid heavy german gunfire, and he dove into a shell hole, just as another shell arrived in the same hole, and he was literally blown to pieces.so his parts are still in that field somewhere.
    We have a family collection which consists of all his letters written in the trenches in pencil to his mother here on the Island, and make very sombre reading. we also have a cigarette case in silver presented to him by Princess Beatrice,the daughter of Victoria who was commander in chief of the Isle of Wight rifles, later became the Hampshires. You begin to realise the unhappy families in every street in Uk at that time, and how poor most of those families were, leaving widows to bring up kids, without the benefits that we are used to today, kt
    R689823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2