Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Nautilus fund

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nautilus fund

if you mean are Ex-Seafarers treated differently dependant on gender , nothing have read indicates that
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I am looking for respite next year , I had heard a lot of rumours which appear to be false , seems to have q good reputation and a bar
    Rob, never mind the reputation, they have a bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    if you mean are Ex-Seafarers treated differently dependant on gender , nothing have read indicates that

Possibly, not the same place though Springbok rang a bell. A lady member posted on her enquiry
    they had no female accom. May take a while to find the thread again.

Meanwhile, just wondered.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Care Ashore provides assistance to seafarers and provides both sheltered housing with support, and holidays. Anyone who has served in either the Merchant and Royal Navies, plus the fishing fleets may apply for accommodation or a holiday
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Possibly, not the same place though Springbok rang a bell. A lady member posted on her enquiry
    they had no female accom. May take a while to find the thread again.

Meanwhile, just wondered.

K.

Lucy Knight: http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/h...55=#post291893

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there are three different types of accommodation and Radcliffe House does state male , in the next few weeks I will see the Nautilus case worker and ask as her knowledge is more in depth , seems odd especially as ships like SA Vaal had a high number of female crew

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ALL THE INFORMATION IS HERE,.........................................

Care Ashore | Providing assistance to seafarers since 1920

https://www.careashore.org/

Care Ashore is a charity providing housing with support to seafarers in need and has been doing so ... The Springbok Estate is the ideal location for a quiet stay.
    ‎About Us · ‎Accommodation · ‎Camping Facilities · ‎Find Us
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 1st November 2018 at 04:23 PM.

11. Thanks Ken Norton thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Springbok Radcliffe House

The accommodation in Springbok Radcliffe House is designed for single male seafarers, each room has a bedroom, living room and dedicated toilet / shower facilities. The residents receive all the support offered to residents of the other accommodation, but also can have meals provided each day.

A passenger lift serves each floor to aid those with mobility difficulties. This accommodation suits those who may be less independent. There are kitchenettes on each floor (3) where a resident can prepare a meal if they choose to rather than having meals provided. All rooms have an emergency alarm system installed.

I know that they had applied for planning permission to sell off part of the estate to a developer and have some new accommodation built I'm not quite sure where that is but it seems very strange to me that the organisation that was spawned from the early days of the NUS would be biased against female Seafarers my original interest had been to do with getting a couple of weeks respite I need some care assistants that's why checking into hotel isn't a good option for me and I originally had looked at the respite accommodation in Mariners Park which is on the Wirral it was only I believe Brian that suggested springbok house here that I started to look at it back in my mind I had thought that when the end of the NUS when t became the RMT that the rules had changed and as I said in reply to Keith when I see the case worker from Nautilus Welfare Fund I will ask these questions she is quite familiar with alfold and we'll probably have the answers without poking them to ask . But I have never seen discrimination at sea either on Union Castle passenger ships or on ferries against female Seafarers . I have sailed with female ROs , pursers , nurses , children's hostesses , shop assistant , stewardesses , etc and I always thought that seafaring in the UK with an enlightened profession so why Lucy would Encounter discrimination I don't know but it is a sort of question but I will ask and if I can get an answer I will put it up here
    Last edited by robpage; 1st November 2018 at 05:32 PM.

13. Thanks Captain Kong, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Appreciate that, so many threads and posts, but recalled Lucy and no
    answer to what may have been totally all fine but, as mentioned just wondering.

Regards Keith.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4