Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Cloherty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ivan Cloherty

There is an excellent letter and photograph of Ivan published into today's D.M.
    The letter is about the M.N. and the veterans badge.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ivan Cloherty

Was wondering what had happened to Ivan ,Vic, he was due at Buckingham palace about the time the wife and I flew to the Uk about the 7 th. June. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###cant help but comment ......how on earth was it that ivan felt enough was enough .....and left this site taking with him a wealth of seagoing experience from a 13 year old boy to retirement ....invited to a royal garden party ...and to use an old MN saying emptied more salt water out his sea boots than some of his detractors sailed on ....funny old world sometimes ........cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Didn’t know he had left permanently Cappy just thought he was taking a sabbatical . Was sure I saw a post from him after the 7th. When on my travels on one of the grandkids IPads. We”re getting menapausal it seems, maybe something in the water, or maybe the change of the sexual legislation. I feel a headache coming on. One can’t afford to be thin skinned these days. Never could really at anytime. Ivan was pretty thick skinned as I remember. Cheers JWS.

5. Thanks cappy, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Didn’t know he had left permanently Cappy just thought he was taking a sabbatical . Was sure I saw a post from him after the 7th. When on my travels on one of the grandkids IPads. We”re getting menapausal it seems, maybe something in the water, or maybe the change of the sexual legislation. I feel a headache coming on. One can’t afford to be thin skinned these days. Never could really at anytime. Ivan was pretty thick skinned as I remember. Cheers JWS.
    ####think ivan reported his visit to buck house john......he has gone elsewhere ....cappy

7. Thanks j.sabourn, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Come Back, Ivan.
    Brian

Keith at Tregenna Guest

The badge that means so much to the seamen who served - 2018: https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily...82565903992123

Forgotten heroes of World War II - 2013; https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily...82600260528523

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Come Back, Ivan.
    Brian
    It was obvious some time ago that Ivan had crossed swords with the powers that be when they removed his name from the Top Posters List. Ivan's actions in deciding to leave this forum were a lot stronger than words could ever be and he knows his true feelings tell him it would be a complete waste of time coming back to this site.
    I really enjoyed his well written article in today's newspaper.

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will miss ivan great knowledge and a nice fella great pity he has left us? jp

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, cappy, Graham Shaw liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

(Quote) It was obvious some time ago that Ivan had crossed swords with the powers that be when they removed his name from the Top Posters List

That I am afraid is not really so Fouro
    No one that I know of in the Admin has deleted his name from any where, if he is not shown in the Top Posters then that could be a small glitch??

None of his Threads ot Posts have been deleted and can be seen by looking at his Profile and Latest Threads and posts

I too will miss all his good Threads and Post replies,and he is still a Registered Member on this site!
    He know that he can at anytime return.

Because of one Incident about a Thread that I put up concerning the Ruling of this site ,he took Umbridge to that Post and called it a load of rubbish,when in fact it was something that needed to be said!

We all would like his return to the site,but some are very stubborn I think,and as the old saying goes,cut off your nose to spite your face comes to mind!

So Ivan if you do read this, then be assured that the past is the past and we will all be happy to see and read your good input once again!

There are definitely no hard feelings on this site,we as Seaman as one knows can have a few upsets,but when the day is done we shake hands on it and get on with our tasks at hand!

Only meaning the very best to you Ivan.
    Cheers

Just as an addition there are only the Ten Top Poster shown at any time ,so could be that Ivan is not in that top ten as of now,remembering that he has been gone for a while making it possible for others to climb up the Ladder there!??

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 22nd August 2018 at 11:20 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast