Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: being adrift and getting logged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: being adrift and getting logged.

Hi Keith,
    It’s I am of course referring to the RN contingent. The MN contingent was the usual MN BOT. However everyone was compatible if not you weren’t there very long. Cheers JWS.

2. Likes cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: being adrift and getting logged.

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Further to #11 and #13 Graham. If when getting logged the old man after reading out the reason why fines and forfeitures were imposed was supposed to ask you if you had anything to say. This is maybe when you should have said “ I want my fine paid to the home for fallen women”. Your answer to his query had to also be entered in the OLB. Most seamen were probBly suffering a hangover and only too keen to get out of their environment and get a livener. When mate on Britishships the federation used to send down prospective new crew with pool papers and dis book and had to sign if acceptable. DRs and other endorsements didn’t mean too much to me as saw how. A lot were not justified. In fact. Worked to the good as their owners wanted clear books at the end of voyage and were incilined to take it easy. You could also refuse a DR and demand an ENR if so inclined. Later had to get a written copy of Log book entry, just think today could have hanging on the bulkhead like an old master, may even be worth some money, and could recoup losses of years ago. All changed today of course as no discharges as such. Cheers JWS.
    Many thanks for that John.
    wish I knew that in the mid 60's.
    Kind regards
    Graham R774640

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3