Thread: Festival of Rembrance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Festival of Rembrance

Camera throughout the ceremony panned across the various politicians, celebs etc.
    Did anyone spot Jeremy Corby?
    Vic

2. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Festival of Rembrance

Lewis, not obsessed, he is a joke, no he isn't jokes are funny.
    Vic

4. Likes N/A, Bill Cameron, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Vic did not see him but have to admit I was not looking for him nor was really interested in who was there, apart from the Queen of course. I was mainly interested in who sang, who marched and which bands played. The whole ceremony is so moving and I have to admit to the occasional tears in my eyes, my mother was a Royal Marine Wren and my father was in the Royal Artillery on the 5.5s and landed on D Day. They both happily survived otherwise I would not be here, however other close family members did not, to my great sadness. I never miss the Festival of Remembrance and wont if I can help it until the good Lord thinks otherwise. I was delighted to see the much increased Merchant Navy presence tonight and not before time. Lets leave political personages and political matters out of this, they have no part in remembrance, its personal to every individual and politics and politicians have no part in remembering those who gave their lives for us. Lets give this time of year to those who gave their tomorrows for our today's and remember them as very very brave people.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 11th November 2017 at 11:41 PM. Reason: punctuation
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

remembrance is a personal thing , and down to individual choices . I shall remember the things deeply engraved on my heart , and believe it is above politics , I believe the politicians declare wars for men , and women to fight and die . I also feel that the Merchant Navy's contribution is not as strongly recognised as the armed forces , but having attended the evening service some fifteen years ago , all I can say is the atmosphere there is magic
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is rather odd in some ways that something as horrific as a number of wars can bring out the pride of a nation and stir the emotions to such levels.

But it is all personal, the level of emotion and rememberance varies depending on the memory or experience of the individual.

But the fact that a nation makes the effort to remember those who gave the most is a sign of it's character.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks N/A, Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post