Default Re: Bullying

To right

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 7 yrs on Liners the only bully I came across was my Head Chef on the Andes. That's not to say there wasn't others in the crew but no one ever bothered me, most of our every day banter would be considered bullying today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never had any problems myself ,apart from one lad on the Vindie.
    Terry Sullivan R340406
    R340406

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EkayaimWyatt View Post
    It's interesting how you mentioned that bullies are often cowards deep down. They rely on others to do their dirty work and only feel powerful when they're able to control and manipulate others. It's important to expose them for who they truly are and stand up against their behavior. Speaking of intimidation, I came across some info online about the issue of being blackmailed. It's alarming to think that people would stoop so low as to use threats and manipulation to gain power over others. It's crucial that we create a supportive and inclusive environment where bullying and harassment are not tolerated.
    I sailed with a giant Belgian 3rd eng who had all the juniors stewards & greasers terrified as he would give them a slap for any implied mis demeanour eventually all the juniors asked the chief to get off his watch which left only me as a daywork junior so I was e=sent on the 12/4 with him he sat near a blower between 2 Dox fords I went to the top plates and dropped a 14lbs hammer about 6 ft away from him he rushed to the top plates where I was standing (hammer in hand ) he rushed past went straight to the chief to demand that I was taken off his watch all in I spent about 15mins on his watch and he never spoke to ma again!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This happened to me by the 2nd Steward called the duches a fat queer slob ,he ended up telling me to report to his cabin with my trousers over my left arm. I was a Steward then and told him in some colourful words where and what to do with himself. Another one was the chief cook, a right bustard, he ended up as as catering superintendent in the company.
    Just goes to show , be a bastard and you go places.
    That was with Blue Ster Line it was a great company. I was with them for 2/3 years.
    I paid off and got home only to get a taxi at the door with a message from the company WE NO LONGER NEED YOUR SERVICES.
    Just goes to show who and what ran the company in the office .
    Anyway I ended up Chief Steward on a Newcastle company with a silver band. I was years with that company, until I ended up finishing through ill health.
    Last edited by Ralph Brunjes; 9th September 2023 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Brunjes View Post
    This happened to me by the 2nd Steward called the duches a fat queer slob ,he ended up telling me to report to his cabin with my trousers over my left arm. I was a Steward then and told him in some colourful words where and what to do with himself. Another one was the chief cook, a right bustard, he ended up as as catering superintendent in the company.
    Just goes to show , be a bastard and you go places.
    That was with Blue Ster Line it was a great company. I was with them for 2/3 years.
    I paid off and got home only to get a taxi at the door with a message from the company WE NO LONGER NEED YOUR SERVICES.
    Just goes to show who and what ran the company in the office .
    Anyway I ended up Chief Steward on a Newcastle company with a silver band. I was years with that company, until I ended up finishing through ill health.
    Stevie Clarks ? perhaps

9. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wasn’t the Pullborough was it . JS
    R575129

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3