Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Falklands

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Falklands

I see that the defence secretary has stated that we will be reinforcing the Falkland Isle at long last. The Argies knowing that we do not have any aircraft carriers at present, have made rumblings in the last 12 months, also a rumour that they have done an arms deal with Russia, all has made the Uk have a rethink. I only hope that if anything was to kick off we could muster a fleet. The RN has been depleated since the last episode, and as for the MN, i dont think we could muster anything of note, probably have to charter from foreign countries, but where would the British crews come from ???. Maybe we would be called upon as Dads merchant navy ,, KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Falklands

Our stupid politicians have destroyed more of our military than Hitler did.
    Cameron attacks Russia over Ukraine and sends weapons to the Puppet regime in Ukraine and puts sanctions on Russia.
    SO Russia obviously does a trade deal with Argentina for its exports and imports that Cameron and the west denied them.
    The deal also included 12 Supersonic Bombers, after all we armed the puppet regime of Ukraine.
    So that proves that incompetent politicians with No experience of worldly affairs make a complete mess of everything they touch.
    Now Argentina knows we have No aircraft carriers so cannot respond as we did in 1982, we are weaker now than at any time in history.
    We give our Tax Payers money to despots in China, India, Africa and so on and lose all our military strength to pay them.
    All our Politicians should be sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are about 350 surplus pollies in Westminster, and plenty more in European Parliament. Would be sufficient to man all merchant vessels especially now with the reduced manning. The only requirement would be a good bosun for each vessel to keep them at it. Put a naval deck officer and engineering officer on each, and off they go, no need for navigators as all computerised until the satellites got knocked out and as there is a distinct possible lack of the ordinary practices of seamen nowadays both sides would be in the same boat so to speak. If you saw the fleet that left Portsmouth last time and consider that the same exercise would have even less the only answer I would give would be to shake my head in disbelief that the same should be allowed to happen again, it would be very unlikely to get the same luck as last time. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I see that the defence secretary has stated that we will be reinforcing the Falkland Isle at long last. The Argies knowing that we do not have any aircraft carriers at present, have made rumblings in the last 12 months, also a rumour that they have done an arms deal with Russia, all has made the Uk have a rethink. I only hope that if anything was to kick off we could muster a fleet. The RN has been depleated since the last episode, and as for the MN, i dont think we could muster anything of note, probably have to charter from foreign countries, but where would the British crews come from ???. Maybe we would be called upon as Dads merchant navy ,, KT
    According to BBC radio news it's only two helicopters that are being sent. Hardly re- inforcements. The same news item spoke about Russia leasing bombers to Argentina.

5. Thanks Braid Anderson, Fouro thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

some time ago i'm sure I read somewhere, maybe the daily mail, that Briton had signed an agreement with france to share the use of their aircraft carrier if needed. or was that wishful thinking by the politicians. or was I having a senior moment, which seems to be coming more frequent, so i'm told by the long haired one.
    regards, stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe the Argies are getting a bit excited now that oil has been found in the South Atlantic.
    Regards.
    jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I should think the R.N. must becoming quite excited at the idea of sharing an aircraft carrier with the French, I would assume much tastier food, served with a good wine. The downside, probable a bit dirtier and less ship shape and Bristol-fashion.

Cheers, Rodney

10. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How could we share a Carrier with the frogs. The berstereds were selling Jets and missiles to Argentina to kill our men in the Falklands war.
    They would be poisoning the food, sabotaging our aircraft and taking the Carrier to the Indian Ocean out of the way of the Falklands.
    You cannot trust a frog at anytime.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe that we may sell one of our new aircraft carriers to the French when it is completed, as the General de Gualle is beset by mechanical problems.
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 24th March 2015 at 08:58 PM.

13. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Vic.
    Have you got that right selling an aircraft carrier to the French? You have as many daft politicians in Britain as we have here, they are more likely to sell one to Argentina.
    Cheers Des

15. Likes Braid Anderson, Fouro liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast