Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

Think you will know when its time to go. My old man was out here for a holiday, and on saying good bye to him as I was working up North, he said I'll not see you again but you wont be far behind me. He was right and he was wrong as that was about 20 years ago, however have all the things wrong that he had, cramps in the legs etc etc. think we follow in our parents paths. My wife certainly does, she gets more and more like her mother every day, and I never got on with her. My mother I managed to get home before she died. Before I got there they were sending her home in an ambulance, she was actually in the ambulance when they changed their minds and took her back inside for some more tests. She died in hospital from something she picked up there whilst a patient. When I saw her, her tongue was hanging out obviously de-hydrated, nurses most of whom could not speak much English, just left her lying there, managed to get her into a side ward to pass away. I would like to go out with a bang preferably taking some of the scumbag terrorists with me, to have a further argument on who was getting what virgin. JS

2. Likes cappy, N/A, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

How would a pickled liver go i think my liver should be welled pickled now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's why they pickle things Lou, to make them last. With a bit of luck and a bit more pickling you"ll make the Guinness Book of Records. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How would a pickled liver go i think my liver should be welled pickled now LOU.
    . If its Halal Lou, should go down well over here.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A friend of mine had a Liver Transplant two years ago and is happy he is still alive to enjoy a few more years.
    The wife of another friend needed a Liver Transplant but the associated organs could not support a Liver transplant, she was refused and so she died of cyhrosis, too much alcohol had destryed her liver and other organs.
    A close friend just died of Pancreatic Cancer caused by alcohol. not a heavy drinker, just 3 or 4 pints a night.
    You cannot have a Pancreas transplant, so it always means Death.
    Cheers
    Brian

7. Thanks cappy, Lou Barron, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    #40 & 44, After reading tsell's & Brian's view on body donation I am seriously thinking of now doing the same. I like the idea that family still obtain an urn after three years to bury and visit if desired but more importantly it seems such a waste not to.
    Well Marian, if they only cremate the bits left after all the dissecting and organ removal you sure will have lost weigh at last. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#56, Hey cheeky chops, that's fighting talk where I come from

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard, HDJohn , didn't like hurting peoples senseabilities by saying the would be father was peculiar, strange, odd. Wont say queer as may upset some JS

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't think I have put this occurrence up before but may have. Regarding Ashes it went around some ships, that I believe the mate on one of Chapmans, one of the Directors had died and his wife brought his ashes down to the ship and gave to the mate to dispose of at sea. Early hours of the morning the mate struggled out of bed and suddenly remembered the ashes so went to the side and disposed of. Was a yell and an irate dockyard worker appeared on deck rubbing his eyes. The mate had forgotten the ship was still in Dry Dock. Not a joke but a true story. Don't think he ever confessed to the Directors wife. JS

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

on shields beach in the winter we got in heavy weather sea coal coming ashore......we would go down at 10 and 11 year old to get coal for my mam........my brother and me found a roman urn .....whe my mam came in she saw the urn and freaked out ......get that bloody thing out the house its had somebodies ashes in it........while granny shouted therll be a ghost now.... jeez was frightened to sleep for days......wondered who it was for years

16. Likes j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast