Thread: Arctic Convoy Veterans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Arctic Convoy Veterans

E-mail sent to the site admin by Mike van Diggelen

Good Evening Brian,

Last Sunday I met a veteran of the Arctic Convoys and I felt I should write as follows, sorry have tried to include it in the web site, but got into a mess - so here it is: maybe suitable or not :

The greatest insult to the Merchant & Royal Navy Arctic Convoy veterans in 2013, and before, was David Cameron's refusal to award veterans with an Arctic Convoy Medal. Despite months of protest he even refused to agree that they could accept the Arctic Decoration from Russia, in spite of all the Allied Nations having agreed, years back for their veterans.

When he finally changed his mind, he had the audacity to invite veterans to No 10 to shake their hands and give them their long-overdue medals, through many had died while waiting.

In the end he bowed to public opinion, not because he felt these veterans should be honoured, but he saw a public relations opportunity in the photo shoot. Remember, this is the guy who doesn't miss an opportunity to get his photo in the papers : his first job as PM was to appoint a photographer to follow him around - that says it all.

(the truth is he does not care a damn for England or her Merchant Navy and Armed Services past or present).

Mike van Diggelen
    Brian Probetts (site admin)
    R760142

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Arctic Convoy Veterans

R235941 Arthur John Harvey.Well done Brian, your efforts much appreciated .