Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for ships pics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default looking for ships pics

HI All.
    I now have all the details of my Brothers service and I am compiling a picture gallery of his ships. I have most of them but can't seem to get ones of the 'Ocean Faith" which I can recall was mentioned on some posts here. And the "Ocean Vanity" unfortunatley my computer is playing up and freezes.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OACEN FAITH r/n AVISVALE Old Ships A (Avisvale-02) & OCEAN VANITY r/n TEESPOOL

Gulliver Guest

Arrow Ocean Faith & Ocean Vanity

(Pics below courtesy of Photoships.)

The captions on the photos explain which they are,There is no photo of Ocean Vanity on that site,only one of her as Teespool.
    Best Regards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ships Pictures

Gulliver, I do admire your efforts and tenacity in tracing ship photographs for members and it is appreciated I'm sure by all of us who have no direct involvement.

I don't know about others, but with the three photos all being of the same ship it shows how graceful a loaded ship looks compared to one in ballast, just my opinion.

Gulliver Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Gulliver, I do admire your efforts and tenacity in tracing ship photographs for members and it is appreciated I'm sure by all of us who have no direct involvement.

I don't know about others, but with the three photos all being of the same ship it shows how graceful a loaded ship looks compared to one in ballast, just my opinion.

Thanks Ivan.You worried me at first because two of them were(are) meant to be of one ship,and one of the other.I realise what you mean-both are sister'Ocean' ships anyway-and the captions are correct.

I enjoy the research(a mild form of O.C.D. ? )LOL.gif

It can be a minefield(no pun intended! ) because you have to find out which one of several ships of that name is required(could be several over a period of hundred years)- and narrow it down by approximate year that a particular ship used that name,and when an enquirer was likely to have sailed on her..
    That's before trying to find a picture,and if there are several of the same name,then working out(by period design features etc.) which one it is..Or find a picture perhaps of her under a previous or newer name.
    Thankfully,Photoships and Miramar Ship Index which I use regularly are excellent sources of info.

I'm not infallible though and made a few booboos when I first started,but getting much better over the years.
    Strange thing though,when I was at sea I was never really a ship enthusiast ! Guess I must be so latex..oops! LATENT.(Freudian slip showing )rofl.gif

Taxi !

Gulliver

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ship pictures

photo of Ocean Vanity and as Teespool.OCEANVANITYX.jpgOCEANVANITY as teespool.jpg
    Tony Wilding

Gulliver Guest

Thumbs up Photos..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilding View Post
    photo of Ocean Vanity and as Teespool.OCEANVANITYX.jpgOCEANVANITY as teespool.jpg

Thanks Tony, Yes !.gifI knew you would come up with some more gems from your collection !
    Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ships Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilding View Post
    Tony what I said to Gulliver about unstinting efforts, also applies to you, because even if we haven't served on the particular ships shown, it seems to stir something inside of us, so thank you.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default photos

hi Gulliver, they do come in handy for helping members with lost photos, non members also, it all started because my Father worked on a Canadian built Fort class, first ship i ever set foot on aged 8, it took me 5 years to find her photo, SS Fort Augustus, so far this is what i have, all WW2 built Merchant Ships, Empire Types 569, Liberty 187, Ocean 59, Forts and Parks 203, Sam Boats were Liberties sold to UK 181, WW1 standard ships all named War something 196, have given up on the Liberties as over 2700 built, also the Victories, have as many as 5 views of same ship under later names , believe me there are many i dont have, many impossible to find as they were sunk on maiden voyages, or soon after, on top of that i have my Watts Watts collection, over 250 now, but it passes the time when u are alone, and if it helps others its achieved something. usually find a few each week but getting harder now to find new archives. regards Tony.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    Thanks very much for those pictures, I can now send them to my younger!!! brother. I have found that the lads on this site are great coming to the aid of us oldies. My computer freezes a lot for some reason, will have to get in touch with a mate in NZ who once told me how to fix it but I have forgotten how. once again thanks Gulliver and Tony.
    Cheers Des
    redc.gif

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast