Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Springbok MN centre. surrey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Springbok MN centre. surrey

I have been informed by a committee member today that they have never had a rail worker stay at the centre, Only genuine ex seafarers and present day seafarers, being a union member or not. I will pass any comments on to the committee member if you have any further comments to make.

Ray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Explanation Please Ray! Thanks

Hello Ray
    Excuse my ignorance here ,but can you enlighten me as to what Rail Workers have to do with this Establishment!?
    This is a genuine question and not meant as any sort of snide remark,its just that i dont get the drift about this!??
    Thanks

Or can anyone else add to this?
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Springbok:

The Merchant Seaman's War Memorial Society was founded in 1920 and has been based in Sachel Court and the Springbok Estate Surrey since 1947. The charity provides assistance to seafarers and provides both sheltered housing with support, plus holidays.

Anyone who has served in either the Merchant and Royal Navies, plus the fishing fleets may apply for accommodation or a holiday

LINK: The Merchant Seaman's War Memorial Society | Registered Charity No.207500 and is a company registered in England with company number 00428236. VAT No. 811 214 483

Following World War II the people of South Africa collected a large sum of money and gave it to the NUS with the instructions to build a living memorial to those seamen who gave so much to keep the shipping lanes open during the conflict.

Also not certain what was meant re: rail workers ?

Always interested to know more:

Today the Society continues to offer support to seafarers and provides both sheltered housing with support, plus holidays. Anyone who has served in either the Merchant and Royal Navies, plus the fishing fleets may apply for accommodation or a holiday.

Cheers for this, please advise further.

K,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon (Admin Asst) View Post
    Hello Ray
    Excuse my ignorance here ,but can you enlighten me as to what Rail Workers have to do with this Establishment!?
    This is a genuine question and not meant as any sort of snide remark,its just that i dont get the drift about this!??
    Thanks

Hi Veron, A few weeks ago their was a remark about Bob Crow GS of RMT being one of the trustees at Sprinkbok, and that it would be rail workers using the facilities at Springbok in stead of seafarers.

I asked one of the committee members to clarify this, and his reply was that they have never catered for anyone but seafarers and their families.

Off course it could be a case on union bashing not everyone likes the unions.

Cheers
    Ray

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default The Merchant Seaman's War Memorial Society:

Quote Originally Posted by Ray McCerery View Post
    Hi Veron, A few weeks ago their was a remark about Bob Crow GS of RMT being one of the trustees at Sprinkbok, and that it would be rail workers using the facilities at Springbok in stead of seafarers.
    Cheers, Ray
    Did take a look back, did not find the thread: personally, would not worry to much about it. Better, many now, know more of the The Merchant Seaman's War Memorial Society and the good work that they both do and have done.

LINK: The Merchant Seaman's War Memorial Society | Registered Charity No.207500 and is a company registered in England with company number 00428236. VAT No. 811 214 483

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Keith.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 5th June 2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to several Members of the Vindicatrix Association, who live in Surrey and attend functions there, Bob Crow of RMT has been there several times and is trying to get his Rail members in there.
    They also reported that John Prescott Junior , son of HIM, who is a property developer, has been around there trying to get land from Springbok Farm to build houses on the site.
    This would be worth while checking on.
    This same John Presott Jun. is alledged to have been using the apartment of the old NUS building when on business in London. Again worth while checking out. He has never been a Seaman, he alledgedly uses the influence of his Dad, I am lead to believe.
    While we are at it.
    Does anyone know what happened to all the property and assets, world wide, that belonged to the NUS, which are the members. when they were taken over by the RMT union. Must run into millions of pounds.
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th June 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is the committee of `Springbok` 2009.
    .The trustees serving during the year and since the year end were as follows:
    Full Board of trustees
    Chairman: Mr Robert Crow, Esq.General Secretary Railway and Maritime Transport Union
    Honorary Treasurer: Mr K Turner, Esq. Retired RIOT
    Mr S Todd, Esq. National Secretary RMT
    Mr M Carden, Esq. RMT
    Mr D Leonard, Esq. RMT
    Mr B Gregory, Esq. Retired RMT
    Mr H Bygate, Esq. Retired RMT
    Mr F Welsh, Esq. Retired Official RMT
    Mr T Simco, Esq. M.B.E.
    Mr K Temperton, Esq. R.F.A.
    Mr D Tedder, Esq. (Retired 28th November 2008)
    Mr A Allenby, Esq. RMTMrs P Mason, RMT
    Mr A Campbell, Esq.
    Chief Executive: Mr T R Goacher, Esq.
    Finance and General Purpose Committee
    Chairman: Mr Kenneth Turner, Esq. Retired RMTHonorary Treasurer: Mr K Turner, Esq. Retired RIOT
    Mr D Leonard, Esq. RMT
    Mr F Welsh, Esq. Retired Official RMT
    Mr B Gregory, Esq. RMT Retired
    Mr D Tedder, Esq. (Retired 28th November 2008)
    Mr T Simco, Esq. M.B.E.
    Mr A Allenby, Esq. RMT
    Mr K Temperton, Esq. R.F.A.
    Chief Executive: Mr T R Goacher, Esq.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th June 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Springbok MN centre surrey

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon (Admin Asst) View Post
    Hello Ray

Doc I think this could be because we became the Rail Maritme Transport union.
    Rgds Denis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Springbok

The question is : What is a known Communist rabble rouser doing using a Charity subscribed to by hated white South Africans for the benefit of Merchant Seamen, in order to give cheap holidays to bus drivers, porters, train drivers, conductors, firemen, wheel tappers and other members of the proletariat whose sole aims are the mantainence of their positions of authority in the society they are pledged to destroy. Some years ago, I asked Crow what his position was on using money from the Boers for the benefit of his RMT paymasters. His answer is unprintable here, but I was described as a 'rayciss' and 'that narzi skipper'!, which pleased me no end. One thing is absolutely sure - Springbok is run by the staff for the benefit of the staff, and residents are just an inconvenience. As the so-called "welfare officer" told me : 'I'm not here to run around after merchant seamen'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Explanation Please Ray! Thanks

doc vernon - the link to the railway workers - certainly as far as the old south african transport service is concerned fell under the old sar&h ( today known as transnet) sar& h standing for south african railways and harbours the sprinbok being the national emblem thus all rail and seafarers and to a later extent airways personal shared the same facilities and privileges - i am talking here in south africa - prior to that we fell under the british flag - so not sure of the time line as mentioned in the other threads posted here - but if it does - then i would think the facilities in the uk would be open to the sa staff as welll
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bryan Portwig; 8th May 2019 at 01:29 PM.

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast