Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Prescott.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default John Prescott.

Just reading my Daily Mirror and notice that John Prescott has a full page,this must be a new feature in the Mirror.Anyway is headline story is" UK Shipping is sunk without wifeboats".The story obviously refers to Cunard transfering registration of the ships to Bermuda.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Time to make British shipping great again:

Time to make British shipping great again, writes John Prescott

Read more at: Time to make British shipping great again, writes John Prescott - mirror.co.uk

Hope the link helps.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QUOTE FROM JOHN PRESCOTT IN TODAYS MIRROR...........

that’s set to change. Cunard has announced it is “flagging out” of the UK and the three Queens – Victoria, Elizabeth and Mary 2 – will be registered in Bermuda.

Why? Because the Coalition won’t change the law to allow the captain to marry couples on board. UK law forbids weddings at sea except by a notary or religious minister. But many couples like the attraction of being married by the captain.

For Cunard and other liner companies, this is a massive growth area for revenue. But the Government has decided it’s not worth the bother

Read more: Time to make British shipping great again, writes John Prescott - mirror.co.uk

I still do not understand the problem CUNARD have got with marriage on board their ships.
    The Queens, Mary2, Victoria and Elizabeth all carry Religious Ministers. Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and even ******.
    So that cancels out their argument. A Captain could the be part of the wedding service alongside the Vicar. I noticed that the Mixed or is it Inter Denomination Service every Sunday at sea was always conducted by the Captain on the Cunard ships.
    What kind of a Nut wants to get married on a ship anyway, it is bad enough getting married anywhere.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 4th November 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, Thats great news from Cunard, assuming you wish to get married on board. I am highly relieved, it has nothing to do with money then? and i suppose they will still carry on paying the correct rate for british crews?, i must be getting cynical in my old age, Keith Tindell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default John Prescott

How very co-incidental!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is right Ivan,
    I wonder what made him to make a comment on that subject.
    Cheers
    Brian..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question are they still allowed to use shotguns at the service

Hi Jim Hi shipmates is tax at a lower rate in Bermuda? or what other reason could it be? With the new laws on marriage you as far as I know can get married anywhere? i.e bottom of swimming pool ,sky diving on top of mountain e.t.c. if you pay the money for the lincence, and the divorce after? I have a question about J Prescott that someone told me a few months bac,k did his daughter get killed by a faulty cookerhood? or is this untrue???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Didn't Cunnard last year give, free gratis, a first class suite for John Prescott and his wife, which included the services of a butler (Note not steward) value £19457.00 to give two talks on the Queen Mary 2. His first talk was such a success with his fellow first class passengers (I dont think) that he, together with his wife were not seen again during the trip. It is not known if he was paid for his troubles as well.
    In my opinion the only thing John Prescott stands up for is to get as much for himself as he possibly can.

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a coincidence indeed, M'Lud does not miss a trick does he.

There is no way Carnival is going to change its mind over this. It is American and does not give one jot for British tradition nor offending our Monarchy, profit is far more important. They are not adverse however to using our tradition ships names and colour etc to make money, but there the special relationship ends, as nothing whatsoever must get in the way of profit, nor bragging rights as to whom owns the ships, we certainly don't anymore.

Its an insult to the Queen to have the ships here next year and I feel if they are under the Bermudan flag, then they should not be here at all, purporting to be a gesture of celebration, what cr*p. To my mind, Cunard/Carnival are only doing it as a sop to potential British passengers so that they do not stop using the ships.

This is just another set of nails in the coffin of the British Merchant Navy. Sorry if I upset anybody but this is how I feel, sold down the river by successive British Governments who could not give a dam for anything other than themselves.

Chris.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 4th November 2011 at 03:41 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cunard

a simple answer to all this is.... make all captains a "Public Notery". isn`t that all you would get at a registry office?
    keith moody
    R635978

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast