Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wives On Board

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Eifrion

Sorry to hear about the post being deleted - you can send me something in a Personal Message if you wish. Can't understand the deletion???

Lin

Ooops i did try to post on lin's postings , thought my own personal experience of spending six months of every year of my childhood aboard ship along with my mother and brother(dad was the skipper) would have been usefull to her, but it was obviously removed as not allowed , ah well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wives On Board

Where to start with this one? As a Catering Officer I had the pleasure of sailing with officers accompanied by their wives and found them a welcome addition to any ship.Regarding stewards servicing their cabins Whitco had a clear written company policy.If an officer was accompanied by his wife then she looked after the accomodation cleaning linen etc.One 2nd.Engineer came to my office and complained that he hadn`t seen a steward for some time,I explained that he didn`t have a steward,apart from morning and afternoon coffee/tea,he wasn`t best pleased as with his previous company the service had been provided.I told him it was not policy with this company and he demanded to see the written rule,luckily I had one to hand and visited his cabin to show him.On entering their cabin I was surprised to see his wife sitting on the day bed,she was alone because the clean linen,delivered every week for the previous month,took up all the rest of the space! What did she think it was there for and why hadn`t she got the basic desire for clean bedding in which to sleep? My first wife accompanied me on two voyage one of 8 months and another of 4,she and the other wives on board were welcomed,well treated and looked after by everybody else on board.

3. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A good post that Alastair I agree completely with the wife looking after the cabin,I draw a line at the scrubout it would've been no problem to me to scrub the cabin out once or twice a week I wouldn't expect the wives to have done that.There were no mops in our time !!!
    Regards.
    jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim,it was an unfortunate situation,she was a beautiful woman but the cabin was a tip.One of the engineers had sailed with the pair of them before and quoted an argument in the bar where a deck officer told to him to`F**k off and take that scouse witch with you`it was all very sad as there were a couple of us on board from Liverpool,the 2nd.being one of us.He did turn out to be an utter knob though,when the Chief Engineer left and he didn`t get the job,the company sent a new Chief out, he went mental and verbally attacked the OM blaming him for the leapfrogging,he thought he was a cert for the job.

6. Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4