Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rogue Male

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rogue Male

Think I can remember going to that one Vernon, had little trays that pulled out from the arm of the seat ? This would of been the first time in Kaapstad about 1955. Most other times after was usually the Del monika or the Carlton or other dens of iniquity. Used to know a girl who lived in Woodstock but was advised not to visit the area.
    She had an Aunty who lived within yards of the D.M. Who I am sure when J in Oz discusses the town sounds very familiar. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th May 2021 at 04:44 AM.
    R575129

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No JS that was the Rex that had those Trays, the Majestic had long thin slats in front of the seats all in one piece so you had to manouver slowly if there were others in that Row, so as not to Spill their Drinks
    Cheer
    There was the Elstree you went Dowstairs to, as well as the Forum, the Roxy was Flat on the Road, the Odeon was also upstairs the Pigalle was through a narrow passage there was another i cannot now recall??
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 18th May 2021 at 04:50 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think I was only at the flicks once in Capetown and that was it. Knew a lady and her niece who lived in Woodstock but was advised not to go there , but she had a flat close to the the DM. She sounds very much like J in Oz friend when he describes her. Her name was Helen, but that probably changed with every ship that came in. The cinema I was in however you could get a meal there while watching the movie. Grew out of the movies at an early age and took up Ale houses instead , the Carlton was another one. The last time I was in Capetown it was a port of refuge and was in 1969. Trying to get from Gdańsk to Karachi going from A to B used to have to plot the available ports in between for such.took us nearly 3 months for that leg of he journey only. Cheers JS
    R575129

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think I was only at the flicks once in Capetown and that was it. Knew a lady and her niece who lived in Woodstock but was advised not to go there , but she had a flat close to the the DM. She sounds very much like J in Oz friend when he describes her. Her name was Helen, but that probably changed with every ship that came in. The cinema I was in however you could get a meal there while watching the movie. Grew out of the movies at an early age and took up Ale houses instead , the Carlton was another one. The last time I was in Capetown it was a port of refuge and was in 1969. Trying to get from Gdańsk to Karachi going from A to B used to have to plot the available ports in between for such.took us nearly 3 months for that leg of he journey only. Cheers JS...
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did know a 'lady' who lived in a house in a road on the edge of district six, had to be careful going there.

But she knew how to get there without crossing the line.
    The house was bit of a mixture and at one time had an open fire.

Went back there one night with her, a good mate of mine and his lady friend.

0600 hours next morning a knock at the door and Lacus was there with his taxi, he knew where to find all the lads.

My mate appeared covered in coal dust and straw.
    He though we were in the front bed room and had gone into what they though was another room, it had been the coal shed at one time.
    Had there been a light in there he may have changed his mind as the couch in the back room was free.

What a as to do with the Bioscope I have no idea, but it fits in with Cape Town some how.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2