Thread: The Key

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Key

In wartime England, circa 1941, poorly-armed tugs are sent into "U-Boat Alley" to rescue damaged Allied ships. An American named David Ross arrives to captain one of these tugs. He's given a key by a fellow tugboat-man -- a key to an apartment and its pretty female resident. Should something happen to the friend, Ross can use the key.

Not seen this before, on now. Just starting Sony Movies, channel 51.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBJc8RHJIo

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

2. Likes Victoria Moss liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Key

I was a cabin boy on my first trip deep sea of the RFA Wave Knight, we went to Curaçao, and Happy Valley, but that’s another tale.
    The RFA Wave Knight sailed to Portland to discharge our cargo, the Bosun had painted the ship from to to bottom, she was gleaming, only to be told cover that paint with crease and oil and make the ship look as if she was old and damaged, the Bosun was pulling his hair out.
    We were then told we were going to be taking part in a movie called the Key. We were used as extras by taking to the Lifeboats, the ship used to go to sea in Weymouth bay, fill up our tanks on one side so we looked as if we were damaged and had a list, this took two days, with a few retakes, finally it was done and we took the stars of the movie on a short trip round Portland point.
    The Stars were William Holden, Trevor Howard, and wait for it....Sophia Lauren, a drop dead gorgeous 21 year old, the Stars came on board , Tevor Howard headed for the Wardroom, William Holden, bourght the Deck, Engineroom, & Catering staff a case of beer each, Sophia came and shook hands with the crew, I never washed that hand for two weeks.
    In my opinion the movie is not great, we were two days filming, and all that’s seen of the movie is about one minute right at the end of the movie, my claim to Fame
    Last edited by Bill Cameron; 26th March 2021 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in 58 we were putting jaguar xk i50s asahore in los angeles .....down came a television crowd to photograph these much sort after class motors ......down came kim novak a beuty of a film star at that time.....me my mate and the peggy got down on the quayside while they were filming .....this puffy yank told us to.... make way make way for the film crew .....but we wanted to get on tele .....and told him in anglo saxon to go away we had bought the jags anyway .......kim novak was one hot lady .......cheeky little barstewards we were......happy days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As cadet on the Beaverfir, we were in Toronto and one weekend with no cargo work going on, a film crew turned up at the bottom of the gangway. Out of a car came 6 bikini clad models and they started filming a advertisement for cigarettes, I was down that gangway like a rat down a drainpipe, trying to get them on board but the mate shouted down to me to tell them to stop filming and for them to bigger off as it was company policy to not allow any filming or photography near their vessels if the company name or logo was in view. As we had Canadian Pacific painted in large lettering on the hull it would have been impossible to not have it in any of the scenes.
    Rgds
    J.A.