Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Possible Master and Commander sequel

More movie news than: Memorable Movies Scenes and Themes -

But nautical film news at least.

Possible Master and Commander sequel

Russell Crowe has once again called upon the support of fans to get a Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World sequel made.

The 53-year-old actor starred in the 2003 drama as Captain Jackey Aubrey, who, along with his comrade Stephen Maturin (Paul Bettany) and their ship the H.M.S. Surprise, are ordered to hunt down a French vessel in 1805.

It won two Academy Awards, including Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama for Crowe, who has made his latest pledge for a follow-up flick. The original was directed and produced by Peter Weir and based on three novels from Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin book series.
    Taking to Twitter, Crowe wrote, "For the Aubrey Maturin lovers, I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility. So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados, let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure," alongside a GIF of two boats from the film.

Last year (16) he told Collider that he was keen to reprise his role, though admitted it was all down to the studio as to whether or not it comes to life.

"That was a very expensive movie for its time, so that’s something that has to be examined," he added.

FINGERS CROSSED.

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possible Master and Commander sequel

Keith i watched a documentary about Russell Crowe he is known to be a bit of a hard man he said the only person he has been frightened of was the actual sailing master on that film what he said you did or else? true jp

3. Thanks Keith at Tregenna thanked for this post
    Likes Keith at Tregenna liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do remember his quote:

"God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia".
    Russell Crowe

Keith.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I went on board that ship from the Movie, it is moored in San Diego Maritime Museum cost $5, HMS, ROSE or SURPRISE. two names, and is Owned by San Diego Maritime Museum. Very interest to be on board that ship. Will be on board again next April.
    and lies astern of the STAR OF INDIA. another beautiful sailing ship[ built in the Isle of Man 150 years ago or so. still sailing on trips into the Pacific. moored on the Embarcadero, or promenade.

Russell Crowe has an apartment at the far end of the Pier at Woolloomooloo, Sydney, H e came on board the QM2 when we arrived there.,

Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th November 2017 at 06:43 PM.

6. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Brian.

A bit more info:

"HMS" Surprise is a modern tall ship, built at Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada as Rose in 1970 to a Phil Bolger design based on the original 18th-century British Admiralty drawings. She is based on HMS*Rose, a 20 gun sixth-rate frigate built in 1757.

Rose was built at the Smith and Rhuland shipyard in Lunenburg, a yard which had established a reputation for large and successful replicas such as HMS Bounty in 1960 and Bluenose II in 1963.

In 1991, The Connecticut General Assembly passed "An Act Concerning the H.M.S. Rose" in which the ship was commissioned as a vessel of the Connecticut Naval Militia. The act stated that the H.M.S. Rose Foundation was responsible for maintaining the ship, but when the ship was sold to 20th Century Fox, the statute was not repealed and is still in effect

The new HMS Rose sailed the oceans of the world for thirty years as a sail training vessel. Then in March of 2001, she was sold to the film company to be modified for use in the production of the movie, "Master and Commander; Far Side of the World". For that she was re-named, HMS Surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JasfAYc44XI

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have to say this was not my most memorable movie, sorry.
    I did work on the Australian built HM Barque Endeavour when she was in Leith as a guide. I loved that experience, this ship was an exact replica of Captain Cook’s HMS Endeavour, seeing the conditions below made me feel great admiration of Seamen in those days.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There have been so many films and there are many to choose from, in the genre it was pretty good and covered the subject of 1805, aboard the H.M.S. Surprise, the brash Captain Jack Aubrey (Russell Crowe) and his trusted friend, the ship's scholarly surgeon, Stephen Maturin (Paul Bettany), are ordered to hunt down and capture a powerful French vessel off the South American coast. Though Napoleon is winning the war and the men and their crew face an onslaught of obstacles, including their own internal battles, "Lucky Jack" is determined that nothing will stop the Surprise from completing its mission. I am not into things like Pirates of the Caribbean.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I went on board that ship from the Movie

Russell Crowe has an apartment at the far end of the Pier at Woolloomooloo, Sydney, H e came on board the QM2 when we arrived there.,

Brian
    That Finger Wharf is where I go quite often when spending time in Sydney,i stay at a Local Hotel the Mariners Court Hotel just a few paces from there,the Restaurants are Fantastic with great Food!
    Have seen Russel on a few Occasions there as well.he likes to Eat at the Wharf.
    He is now going to put his Apartment up for sale for a whopping $30 Million Aussie that would be a record for one of those! He paid $just over $14000 when he bought it!
    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that Vernon,
    I will put a bid in for it.

Cheers
    Brian
    That is the wharf where we loaded 3,000 Troops of 2RAR and took them to the war in Malaya, 1955, on the Troop ship GEORGIC.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th November 2017 at 08:18 PM.

14. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Keith at Tregenna liked this post