Thread: Psycho...

gray_marian Guest

Default Psycho...

One of the scariest films I have ever seen. So much so have not been able to watch it since I was allowed aged 16.For some reason lost on me now my mum, aunts, sister, cousins and I viewed on the TV with the blinds and curtains drawn and no lamps switched on.
    Think perhaps the atmosphere was set by my father for his usual tricks! Having screamed our way through it we of course had the inevitable loo visit afterwards at least four[safety in numbers] as we ran up the stairs in darkness [dad had switched off the light fuse] he grabbed our ankles through the staircase spindles to shrieks of terror.
    Can still hear his laughter now......think me and mine have inherited his humour
    Literally years before I would have a shower in an empty house, but the most frightening scene to me is the Detective escaping downstairs to the basement and turning the wheelchair, so much so too timid still to venture down to my own. Only in daylight if I have to. Fine if folk are in, although I don't hang about.

Plot:Psycho is a 1960 American psychological thriller-horror film directed by Alfred Hitchcock starring Anthony Perkins, and Janet Leigh

The screenplay by Joseph Stefano was based on the 1959 novel of the same name by Robert Bloch.

The film is based on the encounter between a secretary, Marion Crane (Janet Leigh), who ends up at a secluded motel after embezzling money from her employer, and the motel's disturbed owner-manager, Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), and its aftermath. Psycho initially received mixed reviews, but outstanding box office returns prompted reconsideration which led to overwhelming critical acclaim and four Academy Award nominations, including Best Supporting Actress for Janet Leigh and Best Director for Hitchcock. Martin Balsam played Detective

It is now considered one of Hitchcock's best films and praised as a work of cinematic art by international film critics and film scholars. Ranked among the greatest films of all time.The Shower - Psycho (5/12) Movie CLIP (1960) HD - YouTube

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 18th July 2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Thanks Braid Anderson thanked for this post
    Likes Peter F Chard, Doc Vernon, Roger Dyer liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Psycho...

That was indeed one scary Movie,wierd too!
    I also saw it when quite Young and it remained with me for quite some time!
    But loved it all the same!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes Braid Anderson, N/A liked this post