Thread: Manchester Liners

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Manchester Liners

Hi everyone bean away for a while ,but all though not written ought kept up with what’s going on.
    Thanks to Brian managed to get signed on again
    Well I was very interested in the Manchester Liners although I never sailed on them,i did sail from Salford there home port,we sailed light ship across to Norfolk Virginia to load Yanke Slag,if I remember correctly we were loaded in about 24hrs it came down shoots (we got the tail end of hurricane hida)not very pleasant light ship
    So back to Salford i was friendly with a lad from Salford (Paddy Dignan)his father was a docker ,are you still about paddy boy did we have some times in those pubs in those days it seemd like a pub on every other corner,do you remember paddy we almost missed the boat ha ha.
    Well where i am now i have an old shed converted into a garden room,and on the wall i have the pictures of 3 m/liners
    I am not sure how many were in the fleet,but I have
    The Renown
    The Faith
    The Manchester Port. Hope i can send pictures

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Manchester Liners

Ralph Harper #1

There is another thread on site at the moment and I recommended the following,Ralph:-

----,there's always a lot of posts on Facebook Group's Manchester Ship Canal Group including pictures of the M Liners MANCHESTER LINERS.gif.Seems also to be quite a lotof ex ML staff,afloat and ashore and/or their families ,and staff from other canal companies and other industries and of course the MSC tugs.Also the Mersey at Eastham.Well worth joining.Usually interesting posts and pics daily. I always enjoy checking in there often.
    Best Regards
    Graham.
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 31st July 2021 at 09:09 AM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Manchester Liners

Hi DaveDaly hear sailed on Concorde,Renowend.2years of my 10 years.67-77.run pubs in Blackpool since then.As I can remember liners were a family.anyone out there remember me.memory making Life

6. Likes N/A, Terry Sullivan liked this post