Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 'Dhobi Jack'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Prostate cancer.

Richard, Roger and Brian,

Forgive me for not replying sooner, I don't know how I missed the last few posts. It kicked off under Manchester Liners and Dhobi Jack and finished up with Prostste cancer, very confusing.

Roger, like you I didn't particularly like the biopsy and found it a little uncomfortable. The consultant told me that he was going to take 10 samples and he would let me know when he was going to put the needle in. I counted every one of them and when he got to 6 he said that he had enough evidence and I breathed a sigh of relief. After being diagnosed I was receiving treatment within a fortnight so I cannot fault the Health service.

I kicked off with a hormone implant every month called Zolodex, I now have it every three months. When first diagnosed my PSA was 16 and after the first few implants it had gone down to 0.9. As of last week it has gone down to 0.2 and the consultant doesn't want to see me again unless it goes up to 4. So hopefully they caught mine early.

Brian, as you say Jack would be proud if a thread about him saved a life.

Richard, I hope that you are keeping well and still taking the pills.

Regards to you all and have a good Christmas and a Happy New year.

Alec.

2. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jack Lomax.

when I new ray Camilleri he was chief cook on the Manchester city (I think) that was around the middle of he 50's, he was originally from Malta, nice man, once told me he never got seasick but he did get sick of the sea .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jack Lomax.

Quote Originally Posted by ivor rowe View Post
    when I new ray Camilleri he was chief cook on the Manchester city (I think) that was around the middle of he 50's, he was originally from Malta, nice man, once told me he never got seasick but he did get sick of the sea .
    Ivor, I sailed with Ray Camilleri in mid 50's on the Manchester Progress when he was Chief Cook. I sailed with him later on the Manchester Fame in 1963/64 when he was Chief Steward. A lovely man, a gentle giant. I remember being at anchor at Jaffa, Israel around Christmas when the second cook threw himself over the side, he was well pissed. He was depressed because he had not received any mail from his girl friend. Ray dived in fully clothed and rescued him and lost his watch in the struggle. He was a member of Manchester Liners Old Shipmates, as I was, and got the sad news that he had passed away. This was a few years ago.
    Last edited by Trader; 24th December 2019 at 01:05 AM.

5. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4