Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Christmas cheer.

James it is still bloody November, can we wait until next month?????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like Christmas has gone to pot!

8. Likes James Curry, Doc Vernon, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish it had, best day of Xmas is boxing day, then its 365 days before the commercial nonsense starts all over again.
    R689823

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It used to be for children Keith and those looking for an excuse to get inebriated , who needs an excuse when you get to our age , every day could be Xmas. Today it is not even merry Xmas ,it’s happy holiday , how far is the Christian world going to bend backwards to appease the unwashed immoral persons of a different world ? Time to stand up and be counted , cheers and next month Merry Christmas . JS
    PS the commercial nonsense starts about 3 months before Xmas . Just time to get into the swing . Would have drunk all the grog well before if took any notice of the adverts. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th November 2023 at 10:51 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I only did 7 years at sea, but copped all of them actually at sea, lovely, well away from bloody Xmas being plugged at you from every direction, no need to buy presents, that people don't want, with money that could be better spent elsewhere. no need to send bits of cardboard wishing them a happy time, put on the mantlepiece and then the bin. much better at sea. agree about young kids, but these days they are not happy with small presents and can orange, now its all about expensive computers, phones etc, commercial boys rubbing their hands with glee. Only problem with my attitude to the silliness of it all, is i am married to a women who loves Xmas, i,m doomed.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I only did 7 years at sea, but copped all of them actually at sea, lovely, well away from bloody Xmas being plugged at you from every direction, no need to buy presents, that people don't want, with money that could be better spent elsewhere. no need to send bits of cardboard wishing them a happy time, put on the mantlepiece and then the bin. much better at sea. agree about young kids, but these days they are not happy with small presents and can orange, now its all about expensive computers, phones etc, commercial boys rubbing their hands with glee. Only problem with my attitude to the silliness of it all, is i am married to a women who loves Xmas, i,m doomed.
    Ha ha you have a point there, idiot who lives next to me putting up Christmas lights earlier this week, exactly 6 weeks before the day. As I passed, I quipped, shes got you up a ladder again (I know he doesnt like heights), his reply was that she had agreed to put up the tree if he did the outside lights, ffs he doesnt even have any kids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello
    The National Trust. remember them? They look after our buildings and Heritage.

Now they have produced a Calendar for their Volunteers which has NO mention of Christmas nor Easter - the major Christian Festivals of the year. The NT are quite happy to have Christmas trees , Decorations and all the 'stuff' and the Easter Bunny Egg Hunt etc.
    By the Way Diwali, Eid, Ramadan all feature. I have no problem with their [I]inclusion [/I but I have a real problem with the EXCLUSION of Christianity. ]There has been widespread criticism , blah, blah, blah but they have done it and there is no going back.

Christianity is not a majority religion any more here ( according to the latest Census ) but the Laws of this country and our morals and so many Charitable organisations were founded because of Christianity .

I am hoping that this does appear as a religious rant but it seems to me that the NT have moved away from its original brief to protect our Heritage and gone for woke dabbling and have completely lost the plot.
    Brenda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alas Brenda they are not the only ones kow-towing to minorities and other vociferous groups who disregard the wishes of the indigenous peoples of these sceptred isles. We are being run by a bunch of eunichs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast