Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New French Covid Strain.

This new strain behave differently from others in the following way:
    Leads to periodic rants
    Causes one to put ones foot in mouth
    Encourages countrymen yo break the law.
    It has been named as the OMacron strain.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New French Covid Strain.

Oh the Poor French! Why are they Picked on so much here!
    Just me !
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Long memories Doc, by those still alive also in that era. Most of it is extracting the urine, but some facts of the past still hurt, such as the sacrifices made by other nations to allow them to be so condescending to others and subservient to those who raped their country

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ivan
    Yes i do know most is just extracting the Urine , so dont take much to Heart, and do also realise that some still do recall bad times!
    Only thing is am old age Question on not only the Frenchies, but all Nations , when will they ever Forget and Forgive , Live and Let Live .

Or is it the old James Bond type Live and Let Die! LOL

Cheers

Ducking for the Flack now!!! Stay Low or take the Blow!!

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon I sympathize with you, knowing you were in the Legion. What everyone seems to forget is that Britain has over the centuries one of the worst records of human rights in history, except maybe the Japs. And there is no mention of Spain probably Britain's worse antagonist from the past.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5 . Re Britain and human rights record , most of which I assume was against their own, and at the time of serfdom not too long ago. This had its figurehead “Class Distinction “. And I can remember having to put on your work application form your lineage, not to be confused with lingerie , or I would never have got a job if had to declare my present day Chinese silken boxer shorts minus the fly. No reference to you Louis . There are different layers of human rights but Britain was one of the worst for class and probably still is once you get past that thin layer of top soil. Cheers JS ...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th December 2021 at 01:52 AM.
    R575129

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I am informed of by relis still in UK the the class distinction still exits.
    The upper crust, a load of crumbs sticking together, still live in certain suburbs, unlike here in Oz where a banker may live next door and they will have a cold one together.

But mon due, the Frogies, they seek them here they seek them there, bjt the bludgers are every where.
    But Macaroon will fix it when he gets a round toit, hard things to find now, round toits.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fair go Doc. you know they deserve it.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Colin , but not in my Book. But its all just taking the Pizz! LOL

R697530

14. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    What everyone seems to forget is that Britain has over the centuries one of the worst records of human rights in history, except maybe the Japs. And there is no mention of Spain probably
    Des
    Britain's past centuries conduct may be questionable, but certainly not the worst or even close to it, take the Arab nations for instance, slavery was a way of life, as it was in Africa, and still is in those continents. When we have slave gangs arrested in the UK, who is running them, want to phone friend? no! okay then, you guessed right people of Arab and African origin (even if only by roots, which they are all so proud of, but never go back to) and the victims are Caucasians, Arabs and Africans, mainly the latter two peoples.

First when we criticise our forbears we should remember they went to explore the world (or what was known of it) sailing into the unknown without knowing what they were going into and all without aids or communication with their motherland and had to take decisions on the spot,( a lot of people these days cannot decide whether they should use blue or green top milk) so many relate those decisions as if they (the explorers) had the same communications as we have today, kids today cannot relate to our childhood without TV or mobile phones, what hope have they of imaging something three or four hundred years ago, I would venture nil!

At least when we handed countries back to the indigenous peoples we left everything we had built, railways, roads, ports, drydocks, factories, the list is endless all in working order, unlike the Belgians when they handed the Congo (and other countries) back blew everything up, saying when we came here you had nothing, you want your country as it was, well here it is, they were not the only so called colonial power to follow that doctrine.

I am sick to death of people from this country knocking this country for alleged or otherwise perceived misdeeds and conveniently forgetting the misdeeds of other nations, the Portuguese started the transport of African slaves decades before we knew the trade existed, the Africans traded their own peoples to other nations, we never had anything equal to the Spanish inquisition, we never buried people up to their necks and threw stones at them, we never beheaded people and used their heads as footballs or polo pucks, the list is endless.

In one way or another we are all benefactors of the perceived misdeeds of our brave forbears who sailed into the unknown, and especially those who are living in the Antipodes of which they are so proud, just an observation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast