Thread: Children Writing About the Ocean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Children Writing About the Ocean

1. This is a picture of an Octopus . It has 8 testicles ( Kelly 6)

2. Oysters balls are called pearls ( Jerry 6 )

3. If you are surrounded by ocean , you are on an Island. if you dont have an ocean all round you, you are incontinent ( Sam 7 )
    4. Sharks are ugly and mean , and have big teeth , just like Emily Richardson , shes not my friend anymore
    (Kylie 6)
    5. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of its head ( Billy 8 )

6. My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and comes back with crabs ( Millie 6)

7. When ships had sails , they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes the wind didnt blow so the sailor would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating beans ( tom 8)
    8. Mermaids live in the ocean . I like mermaids they are beautiful and I like their shiny tails , but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant ? like , really ( Helen 6)
    9. Im not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is always crying , my Dad keeps yelling at my Mum , and my big sister has just got pregnant, so I cant think what to write. (Amy 6)
    10. Some fish are dangerous , jellyfish can sting , Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves into chargers ( Christopher 7)
    11. When you go swimming in the ocean , it is very cold , and it makes my willy small ( Kevin 6)

12 Divers have to be safe when they go under water. Divers dont go down alone , so they have to go down on each other, ( Becky 8).
    13. On vacation my Mom went water skiing , she fell off, when she was going too fast . She says she wont do it again because the water fired right up her big fat ass ( Julie 7)
    14. The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish dont drown I dont know ( Bobby 6)

15. My Dad was a sailor on the ocean . he knows all about the ocean . What he doesnt know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom. ( James 7 )

JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 9th July 2021 at 10:40 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Children Writing About the Ocean

The inocence of youth shines through and some of those could well be true.
    Catching crabs at sea was very common.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think some of them got nearly got as big as lobsters. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having lived in Herefordshire as a boy , which isn't exactly close to any sea, I doubt I would have tried such an exercise or did as well as children commented upon. The first time I ever saw a sea was on leaving Avonmouth on my first ship after leaving the Vindi.
    Ken T
    R412277

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ken I to did my first trip out of Avonmouth but a few years after you. Some time back I was asking if anyone was at the Vindi as someone I knew here in the village in W.A. also attended the school dont know whether you saw or not . He was 91 this week and was at the Vindi in I think 1946. He spent all the war years as a boy in Australia as was sent out here out of harms way so to speak, after the war he was returned to England , he went via the Vindi to the MN and got embroiled in the Korean war , but later joined the RN or the Fleet Air Arm to be more precise. Not too long after he returned to Australia permanently where he was more at home. His name is Terry Rumens. If you know him from your era he is still managing to hold his own in the drinks department and was doing very well on Thursday night. Think his wife died some years ago but he has a live in lady to assist him in whatever he needs assisting in. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink Re: Children Writing About the Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Catching crabs at sea was very common.
    I was dragged up well John and never did anything common especially like catching crabs at sea. I did however catch them ashore.

As a child we pretended fish fingers were real fingers from big fishes. Eating and calling them fish sticks as the Americans did just wouldn't feel as daring and exciting to us.Listen.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6 Graham That would be a good opening for a repartee , “ while you were catching common colds , I was catching crabs.”
    Nearly as good as that one “ I was in Baghdad when you were in Dads Bag “l
    As for fish fingers I wonder how many people Captain Birds Eye gave the youngsters the urge to go to sea. For me it was the golden doubloons .Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting and thank you John #5. Terry was ahead of me at Vindi by 2 years as I walked in May 1948. First ship was Empire Beatrice out of Avonmouth on 8/9/48, as a deck boy, to Fort Churchill for grain. I was 90 in January. My wife died 18 months ago. Please give Terry my best regards as we do have a little in common.
    Ken T
    R412277

10. Likes j.sabourn, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8. Ken have copied out your email and sent around to his villa by another member of the group. He just phoned back that he had delivered it and Terry said thanks . He was in the process of making his home made whiskey so don’t know if was able to see correctly to read , I may of got a few facts wrong and it may of been the Australian Navy he was in , however will find out when the whiskey has lost its attraction. His computer is kaput so if he does think he remembers you which means I may have been misinformed , he will have to get someone else’s computer to do so. Anyhow if I hear anything will let you know. Think you mean Port Churchill ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th July 2021 at 08:44 AM.
    R575129