Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: True

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default True

Having just returned from being in naval company and listening to much subdued ribaldry which I can only assume was because of a female presence , one of the following was one of the jokes which I had to read few times to see any hilarity.
    “ Not many people know this.....” ‘Twas on an old Pussers war canoe back in the day, she carried a Padre. Now it was well known that this particular Padre was a bit of a “ tea leaf”, stuff always went missing when he was around....so it was thought that it was about time he was taught a lesson . The usual punishment for this , as we all know , was a mysterious hatch dropped on the miscreants hand, but Jack thought about it and decided that if they did then who TF would dish out communion...? So they decided instead to drop a hatch on his foot. They waited until the Padre went for his evening “ bath and dhobes” in his flip flops . They caught him with the hatch just below the ankle and to no surprises at all- severed his foot from his leg, cue much blood etc. etc. Of course no-one saw anything , Padre slipped didn’t he ? Padre was casevac”d off next port. This left the dilemma of what to do with the Padres foot...? Cook had a bright idea , his “ Babbies Heads” this trip weren’t up to much, so he thought he”d slip the foot into the mix , skilfully dissected of course.
    Babbies Heads were soon on the menu and Jack thought they were great, not only the extra meat but the sauce ....mmmmm! This event marks the invention of one of the greatest assets a Pussers chef has - Bish Toe Gravy .

Still looking for the funny bit .
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st April 2021 at 01:15 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: True

Well john if the female had not been present it might have been heavenly cocktail....oh the pain of it all.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #1
    good evening, im still looking for the funny bit,
    what about this one its old but here goes
    Paddy with gun in his hand runs into a post office, trips over the mat, the post-mistress asks paddy is this a stick-up and paddy says no its a f*** up give me a three penny stamp.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 can see the bisto bit Marian , but where does the Babbies head come in to it ? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Marian.
    Thanks for that video, We just had beef casserole, we won the beef in the club raffle, it was as tough as John's Padres boot .
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    #1, John surely you had some of this before emigrating to OZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjx26-Fw1GA
    All it consists of is Cornflour, salt lots of it, and browning, better off making your own.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Does nobody just not make a stew these days? well I suppose they do but just tweak them a bit and give them fancy names, Casserole, Beef bourguignon, Hungarian Goulash, Cassoulet, the secret is slow cooking. Poor quality cuts of beef as used in say Beef Bourguignon best done in a Croc pot style slow cooker, don't forget a good slug of €2.00 red wine and cook for about 4 hours minimum.

Gravy , good old OXO cube, table spoon or two of juice from the roast, add water from what ever veg you have on the go (Cabbage) and if you like a slug of that €2.00 red wine , bring to the boil(simmer) and thicken as required with either corn or plain flour(Roux).

But I am sure mother knows best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With regard to making the gravy with the cabbage water, years ago i suffered with boils, as fast as you got rid of one, another would appear. I was on a Baltic boat up on the Finish coast when several boils appeared on my back, for anyone who has suffered, they really make you miserable, and of course the pain, having to bath in hot water until they burst etc. On my return home, went to the doctors, and he said, drink cabbage water after its been cooked. I drank that for a few weeks, mixed with an oxo cube, brilliant, i have never had a boil since, kt
    R689823

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi marian #12
    good morning
    but it was better with loads of pepper,
    tom

12. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back to Babbies Heads is that a Scottish term ? As the donor spoke with a broad Scottish accent apart from being brought up in Australia , and going maybe back to the UK to join the RN. Finally to come back to Oz and settle in a commune run by the RAAF. Maybe the Brylcream is the secret of success. Maybe they use that on the Babbies head as well ? JS
    R575129

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast