Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Falls

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Falls

#20 should get Brian Kong to give you a hand Keith just keep him well insured for accidents. Sure Brian would jump at the chance ? Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Glad all is well John, we all do daft things as we get older. I think i am a tad younger than yourself, but at 82 spent best part of yesterday humping pavement slabs , hoping to lay them later this summer, later being the important word, Jesus, i can hardly move this morning.
    Know what you mean KT, as i too did the same a while back! And the Back!!! LOL Those large Pavers get mighty heavy after the first 50 mate! I had some 300 to lag from the Front where they dropped them to the back, and mate its an uneven Block here so makes it even more difficult! Eeeeek!!

No more now as at our age i think its time to start packing it up, heavy Work that is! LOL
    Cheers (You and i are the same age KT! ) 83 In June me !
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Sorry I'm late in picking up on your latest attempt to get a bigger pension. {It wont work mate] It was my wife's birthday and as the kids? work different shifts had to have two runs at a dinner and drinks, so haven't been on the Comp for a few days. But for you; what a few days, keep supping at that pipe mate I had one last year, wished I could have got a supply. Hope you are over the pain sooner than later, take care.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#23. Think the pipe is the reason why the Bondi Beach lifeguards don’t want to lose their jobs , seen them pull it out at various times like Alladins Magic Lamp.But I can vouch for it working great , even though might have to go into rehab. Some time in the future. Cheers JS

Ref.to the above the real pipe of Peace, seems to me it is following some of the real innovations of past medical advances and getting much of a cold shoulder.much to the detriment of people who could use. One I do remember and always will was a wartime need and was still on some merchant ships after the war for a number of years ,but later followed the usual short sighted trend of going the way of all useful ideas. That was the disposable morphine injector ready loaded and ready to go, they were composed of a triangular tin container and just required squeezing into any body part and throwing away , a casualty could even give to himself. Anyone who has tried to fill a glass syringe from a glass capsule under trying conditions with shaking hands will know what I am talking about , some people who have authority for keeping good ideas on the market shelves so to speak , have very little idea of real conditions in places of conflict and live on cloud 9. They live in a world of their own , fully sterilised with all the trimmings , what a bunch of plonkers . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th April 2023 at 02:07 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, your heart rate at some 72 is good, hope the blood pressure is in similar condition.
    Yes ready made syringes are good, had to\ have blood thinners for 28 days after Prostate op, all came in ready to use ones, so much easier.

As to falling off ladders, roof, trees as I have done several times, the secret is to go with the fall not try to stop it.
    That s where the damage is done, so if the top comes off the Brandy bottle just let it lie there until later.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Right way up of course , or will be unusable , and will just have to finish the bottle, can’t stand waste .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Suggest between sips put the top on, it is known to evaporate at rate of knots
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Angels share!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never met any of them.
    But in the bar other night talking with the barman and i told him my mother in law was an angel.
    Lucky bugger he said, mine is still alive.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had more than a few falls myself. Was contacted by a local NHS organisation called 'Falls Prevention Service' who all free of charge call out to assess you and then put in place an exercise programme. Its all to do with us old togs losing muscles around ankles and these control your balance. Very necessary is this and its well worth you seeking this service out as all declines in this area are bad and restrictive for you.

13. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast