Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: John Sabourn has had a fall.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: John Sabourn has had a fall.

39, whatever the debacle Marian, it a real pleasure to see you back on the site again, keep smiling, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of those emails came to me.

If vernon says he did not receive either of them then he did not.

On this website I will not tolerate any criticism of those without whose help the site would not exist, namely Vernon and Mike.
    As very, very few help those that do are very much appreciated by me, we have been down this ridiculous road before and, believe
    me, it is not going to happen again.

Start trouble then also start looking for another merchant navy website.

Brian.
    Brian Probetts (site admin)
    R760142

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome back Marian.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As one who has been offloaded from the site in the past .....for personal views i think the matter should be now finished and let all concerned cool down ......we have a great site given by brian and which many of us use daily .....if there is any probs they are often because we we are fiesty old barstewards......who have seen it all ...or think we have R683532 CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: John Sabourn has had a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    As one who has been offloaded from the site in the past .....for personal views i think the matter should be now finished and let all concerned cool down ......we have a great site given by brian and which many of us use daily .....if there is any probs they are often because we we are fiesty old barstewards......who have seen it all ...or think we have R683532 CAPPY

Me too-yes cappy ,in my 20 years at sea I never received a DR ( that's not good for career /salaryprogression !),nor did I receive one aboard here -but boy,my knuckles are still sore !

Welcome back Marian.It feels like we're a full crew again!Flowers!.gif

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Cmon marian .......show a leg .......if you see the folk backing your return ...give it a go .....you are well missed here R683532
    Showing no leg cappy, we all remember what happened to Mary

Swift recovery to you also Brian...... you are some man!xx

7. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Welcome back as well Marian, les hope its a long and pleasant stay!

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Well what hullabaloo.....

My thanks to Hugh and Ivan for their valued support in this charade. Think too lest said soonest mended from the two Australian members! by quoting our Late Queen Elizabeth 11...'recollections may vary'.

Would greatly appreciate Vernon if you would remove my private email address from view!
    Would have done that but must have missed this Yesterday, i notice that you sent Mike a message to do it! No Drama but why not PM me about it ??

Yes a Hulabaloo possibly but not a charade and one that needed clarification, as i did not receive any Emails to my Inboxes (Private) from you.
    The only one was Re Directed to me via Brian Probetts!

Enough said

Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 28th February 2023 at 08:05 PM.

R697530

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Vernon I only chose the path I did out of my perceived fairness to both parties, as it seemed that Marian was publicly getting the short end of the stick in this particular instance.

Please be assured that without a doubt I have the greatest respect for what you do and for what you have to put up with, and also for your and Irene's kindness to me on my bereavement and thereafter, which meant, and means a lot to me.

Yes Marian can be a thorn in peoples sides, but the lady has never tried to teach us our jobs, or compete on a story basis unlike some shore people who have appeared on here who because they had been on a ferry or on a cruise thought they knew our jobs better than we did. I hope we can all proceed amicably together on a voyage that will have mainly calm waters but as on any voyage may encounter rough waters, but as seafarers we will take that in our stride.

with respect

Ivan
    Hello Ivan
    Thank you for this and i do appreciate the reply.
    We have got along fine Ivan and i was just upset at what i read, but as an old Seaman mate, Water under the Bridge with you and me, all is good so no worries!

Can understand your support and admire you for it.

Only hope that my fair doings will also be rewarded , i dislike having to remove or Ban anyone ! So yes hoping for calm WATERS now Ivan.

Take Care and again Thank You Sincerely!

R697530

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Would have done that but must have missed this Yesterday, i notice that you sent Mike a message to do it! No Drama but why not PM me about it ??No Vernon, I asked Mike if he could remove it since you had not as it was mid afternoon and I assumed you had retired. Also you are saying that you don't receive my emails or pm's! The reason for the request is below

Yes a Hulabaloo possibly but not a charade and one that needed clarification, as i did not receive any Emails to my Inboxes (Private) from you.
    The only one was Re Directed to me via Brian Probetts!

Enough said

Cheers
    After my ban last August the same evening I received an email from ''doc'' which I didn't understand. I FWD to you asking what it was about. A reply was not forthcoming. Since then almost every evening since I have received similar only now they are accompanied by requests offering me the services of my ''lady'' of choice. Have tried sending to the ''phishing'' box but that doesn't stop them so now I just delete. The ''lady ones haven't arrived yet but the ''doc'' one has see below. Hopefully now you will understand why I wanted my email removed toute suite. I'm sure you remember a while back as it caused quite a stir that Brian received a rather vile email apparently from a member who adamantly denied all knowledge of it. That was excepted. However have since found out and I did pass this knowledge on to you that VIP numbers are not worth the paper they are printed on hence why they are no use in locating a Troll[s] and why I am so against them on site causing mayhem when bored. It appears if one is computer literate or a spotty whizz kid in his bedroom you're fine but if like most on site we unfortunately are none the wiser.
    Off now to answer your pm received whilst writing this.

Tonight's spam mail from ''doc'' the ''Lady'' ones have not arrived yet.

Have sent the complete one to Brian as it won't post here.
    DV
    Doc Vernon

Send email

Start chat

Overview

Contact

Email

Files

LinkedIn
    Contact information

My request to Mike:
    ---Quote (Originally by Marian Gray)---
    Hello Mike, Sorry to bother you, if possible can you remove my private email address from the ''Health '' thread under '' John Sabourn has had a fall.'' Vernon's post#31. I did request it be removed but it is still showing

That should not have been shown on a public forum without my consent as it served no purpose whatsoever and is against the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Hoping against hope that I am not the recipient of every Troll and halfwit around the Globe.

Thank you for your trouble Mike. Marian
    ---End Quote---

I'm not at liberty to post his kind reply.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 28th February 2023 at 09:59 PM.

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast