Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: John Sabourn has had a fall.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: John Sabourn has had a fall.

My Email to Marians Reply.

To: I will delete this Email as soon as i get a reply from her!
    Hello Marian
    Have only this minute received your Email from Brian, i cannot understand why or how , it went to him as i used both my Private Email addresses.

Anyway thank you for the reply, and although i see that you are reluctant to come back on limited Forums, and can undesatnd that , i will allow you to have full access, providing that as you mention you just stick within the Rules, Ignore any Trolls etc.

It is very unusual for anyone to be givin so many Hits as you, but saying that, i do know that you have a lot of support on site, as well as (Beleive it or not) from me .

So without any more ado, please start the process as Usual , if any probs let me know
    Thanks You
    Doc Vernon

I would NOT normally post this Private Email response, but thought it best so as to show that i have indeed done it, otherwise some may again think its all not true! ???
    Mmmmm!!!!

Last edited by Mike Hall; 28th February 2023 at 04:20 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Marian has already replied to the BMN site and also sent Vernon an email using the email address he used to contact her.

Did two emails go astray?

Regards
    Hugh
    Unfortunately No She did not Hugh, only one was sent to Brian Probetts! and yes at the BMN Site Email, and that Email was then forwarded on to me by Brian himself>
    See my latest reply on this Thread!

I have since also checked my Web Mial accounts on both, and there is absolutely NO SIGN OF ANY EMAILS BEEN SENT TO ANY OF THE TWO!

I then have phoned my ISP and spoken with the Technician, and he too has confirmed that no Emails from the address of Marian has been received!

That all proves that what i posted was genuine!!

So not to make any futher of all this it is clear to me that Marian did not use any of my Email Addresses as i see it! Possibly thought a reply to Admin would suffice ???

Gee not even back on site yet and allready issues! ????????
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 28th February 2023 at 02:27 AM.

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    With reference to #25,(and clarify other posts) I find it strange that you say you have not had a reply, as Marian sent you an email at 0931 hours on 27th Feb (today) this was in response to your email of 20th Feb to her when you had advised her that she was welcome back on the condition that she restricted herself to research subjects and other forums dictated by you. Naturally being Marian she said that she was happy to rejoin but without any restrictions and she is still awaiting a response to that email. We need people of spirit and open views, as most are on here and if we offend that is unfortunate, but some people find offense where none was intended.

Without her keeping in touch and helping certain members off site then we would still be waiting to hear what happened to JS

Just out of curiosity is anyone else on site restricted in what they can and cannot join in or comment upon.

We all have our differences, but restrictions on speech and comment, have we become a '1984' or 'Animal Farm'
    Although i can see what you mean Ivan, it is not good to republish what i had sent Marian in a Private Email, if anything was to be fixed we could do that between us through Private Emails!

You comments i feel are most unpleasant towards one that was only trying to give Marian another chance! Is this what i get for trying to be Fair and Honest!!!

Animal Farm Indeed!!!!!!!

R697530

4. Thanks Roger Millard thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well there is a long list of people that have to have their stories checked. Example being politicians (especially when on the hustings), Media and those climbing the greasy pole. The only group of people that I have ever had any trust in where those that I sailed with and just wished that Vern had been one of them as for me he has been a straight shooter like my other ship mates for sure. Just wish that some would remember how when a falsehood was told on board that it either was laughed at or shot down in flames straight away. For feck sake have we not had to put up with enough of this crap since swallowing the anchor
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Les that comment is really appreciated!
    As said mate all i do here is try and be Fair to one and all, and do not need any aggro, i have enough to contend with!
    Would have been good to have known and sailed with you and similar Lads!

Cheers

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon is in my book a very straight laced guy who has no reason to lie on site, what would it benefit him to do so.
    e-mails do go to wrong places at times mainly by mistake.

Yes there have been others booted out then allowed back in.
    Our JS was one such guy, I became the go between for some of the things he wanted posting.

At times many of us have posted words that may not have been correct at the time and could have been us castigated for it.
    None of us are perfect, so let live for all.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think for one moment any ill of the Doc, no one does more work on this site apart from Brian, obviously some weird thing has happened with emails, with my small knowledge of computers anything could happen. Don't take umbrage Vernon, i am sure this is one moment we should wipe the slate clean, and carry on the very good work that you do. this site would not be the same with out your help an influence. sincerely KT
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Keith
    Yes funny that as i was sitting thinking about all this and said to myself Oh Dear why worry not worth it all.
    So this will now be put to bed and that is the last of it!

Life goes on and so does this great Site!

Cheers

R697530

11. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Well what hullabaloo.....

My thanks to Hugh and Ivan for their valued support in this charade. Think too lest said soonest mended from the two Australian members! by quoting our Late Queen Elizabeth 11...'recollections may vary'.

Would greatly appreciate Vernon if you would remove my private email address from view!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Although i can see what you mean Ivan, it is not good to republish what i had sent Marian in a Private Email, if anything was to be fixed we could do that between us through Private Emails!

You comments i feel are most unpleasant towards one that was only trying to give Marian another chance! Is this what i get for trying to be Fair and Honest!!!

Animal Farm Indeed!!!!!!!
    Vernon I only chose the path I did out of my perceived fairness to both parties, as it seemed that Marian was publicly getting the short end of the stick in this particular instance.

Please be assured that without a doubt I have the greatest respect for what you do and for what you have to put up with, and also for your and Irene's kindness to me on my bereavement and thereafter, which meant, and means a lot to me.

Yes Marian can be a thorn in peoples sides, but the lady has never tried to teach us our jobs, or compete on a story basis unlike some shore people who have appeared on here who because they had been on a ferry or on a cruise thought they knew our jobs better than we did. I hope we can all proceed amicably together on a voyage that will have mainly calm waters but as on any voyage may encounter rough waters, but as seafarers we will take that in our stride.

with respect

Ivan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast