Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tap Water is bad for your health

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tap Water is bad for your health

Water from your domestic taps is Bad for your physical and mental Health.
    I have suspected this for a long time. so for several years I have a Water Filter in my kitchen, All water for drinking , as is, in tea or coffee and cooking all is filtered.

Just been on google to see what chemicals are in our water supply.
    It contains everything from Arsenic to pesticides
    the possible side effects of these Chemicals are Cancers and Brain damage Dementia.

Even if you’re aware of some of the chemicals that are often found in tap water you’d most likely be shocked to learn just how many contaminants may actually be present.

What is in tap water? While 91 pollutants are regulated by the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Environmental Protection Agency estimates that more than 60,000 chemicals are used within the United States. Further, an analysis of 20 million tap water quality tests performed by the Environmental Working Group found a total of 316 contaminants in water supplied to the public between 2004 and 2009.

Below are some of the most concerning contaminants that may be lurking in your tap water.

What Are 9 Common Chemicals in Tap Water?
    Chlorine - Chlorine is added to drinking water by many municipal water systems as a purification technique. However, it can be absorbed through physical consumption and through your skin while bathing. It is also a killer used in warfare

Fluoride - Fluoride has been added to tap water for decades to help reduce tooth decay. However, it can be harmful to our health since it’s a neurotoxin and an endocrine disruptor. and can affect the brain

Herbicides - Herbicides enter drinking water by accumulation in public soil and water sources, most frequently from rainfall and irrigation that wash herbicides off farmlands and into lakes and rivers. Pesticides and Herbicides,Kil;l insects, so what does it do to people?

Lead - Lead is a heavy metal that is often found in public drinking water as a result of corrosion of household plumbing systems and erosion of natural deposits. The amount of lead found in water will depend on factors such as how long the water is exposed to the pipes and the degree of corrosion on the pipes.
    Mercury - Another heavy metal, mercury can be found in various natural deposits. It can get into public drinking water in a number of ways, including discharge from refineries and factories, landfill runoff and cropland runoff.
    Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) - MTBE is used in gasoline to reduce carbon monoxide and ozone levels from auto emissions. A few ways it can get into water are by leaking out of underground storage tanks, pipelines, and spills.
    Nitrates - Nitrates occur naturally in plants and soil at low levels. However, they’ve become a common contaminant in water partially due to their use as a fertilizer. Runoff from factory farms flows into surface and groundwater and ends up in drinking water.
    Perchlorate - This widespread toxic chemical, used in rocket fuel, explosives, and road flares, has been detected in the water in many states.
    Pharmaceuticals - These synthetic chemicals are found in prescription, therapeutic and veterinary medicine. Pharmaceuticals commonly enter our water supply from poorly controlled manufacturing facilities and improper disposal.
    The long-term health effects of chronic exposure to trace elements of these and the many other contaminants commonly found in tap water have yet to be fully determined. In the meantime, we need to be aware of what’s in our water supply and be proactive about drinking safe water as much as possible.
    PLUS MANY OTHER CHEMICLES

When you drink filtered Water, you have peace of mind knowing you and your family aren’t drinking water that contains potentially harmful chemicals.

Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th September 2021 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tap Water is bad for your health

In addition Brian, its already been drunk three times, and back in the system each time, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I simply use a Brita Water Filter Jug-from Amazon(about £25) .Very neat shape,fits in the bottle compartment of a fridge.Mine was special offer which included 3 free Brita filter cartridges.Cartridges are about £6 each normally but I buy a pack of 6 for only£20 on regular special offer ,from Tesco.You can also return used cartridges there,so completing the recycling process.
    So,I change them every 6 -8 weeks, therefore costs me about twenty five quid a year in filters.
    You can really see how clear it is,no chlorine smell,and tea tastes fantastic again,and no furring up of kettles etc.
    I sound like a Brita salesman I know,but I can really recommend it.Coffee & News.gif

Keith at Tregenna Guest

A chap I knew back in the 70's worked for Thames Water,
    he always said the local water was known as the experiment,
    as no one knew what effect would occur via the Victorian
    purification and more modern things then like the pill etc.

K.

5. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do think that a filter helps to prevent dementia,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Tap Water is bad for your health

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I do think that a filter helps to prevent dementia,
    Could be,Brian,could be.......personally I think it's the stresses and overwhelming conditions and circumstances of the modern day world that promotes dementia,especially for those of us here who have lived at least our 'three score and ten'.More and more much younger folk and children too are subject to having mental health issues now as well. It's brain overload.Even our past generations who lived under some terrible times don't have what we have--a rapidly changing world in which we are constantly challenged and bombarded by information and misinformation from everywhere on this shrinking planet every single day..... that's my opinion!

8. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Would think more evidence if available should be provided.

Hope beer is safe.

K.

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    I simply use a Brita Water Filter Jug-from Amazon(about £25) .Very neat shape,fits in the bottle compartment of a fridge.Mine was special offer which included 3 free Brita filter cartridges.Cartridges are about £6 each normally but I buy a pack of 6 for only£20 on regular special offer ,from Tesco.You can also return used cartridges there,so completing the recycling process.
    So,I change them every 6 -8 weeks, therefore costs me about twenty five quid a year in filters.
    You can really see how clear it is,no chlorine smell,and tea tastes fantastic again,and no furring up of kettles etc.
    I sound like a Brita salesman I know,but I can really recommend it.Coffee & News.gif
    I have a kettle with built in filter but don't see a lot of difference, water straight out of the tap does not have chlorine taste, we have soft water so no issues with scale (once had a kettle for 25 years, only changed it because the element seal started to leak and I couldn't find a spare). 6 miles away, in Washington the water is so badly tasting my brother has to take water to his mother in law for drinking. Water company says there's nothing wrong. I still filter mine as Brian says , you never what is in there that is not obvious to taste or smell.

12. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I live in the country, I have a well.
    Water is great, and I have never run out.
    Not true in some cases though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know what you are all worried about the water is passed by the management.
    Vic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast