Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My wife

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My wife

I know exactly how you must feel Mike. Just 6 weeks ago my long term partner died, on the 17th August. We were totally inseperable and now that she has gone life seems so empty. I just take one day at a time and keep focused on remembering the good times we had. But as you said Mike, it is so hard!!
    Sincere regards
    John C

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss JC , and as you say it must be very hard and lonely.
    Stay Strong and Stay Safe
    All the best
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Mike, You made a “Tough Call” and possibly a second one making the decision to press ‘Post Quick Reply’ to let us all know what is tearing you apart. I trust you are relieved you did so. May you receive many of your wife’s special smiles during your visits. I know they will be fleeting but a smile of recognition will assure you she is still there and loves you Take care, Keith Adams.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John Callon. #21. I see you are going through some heavy stuff right now and i send my condolences — I don’t know how i will handle it if the same happens to me. Being 9 years older than my wife by 9 years i always thought i would be the first to involuntarily leave our long term marriage but it looks less likely as times goes by. When we married i told her i would lovingly look after her for her entire life — i am hoping now that i will get to fulfill that promise even though i know i will be as devastated as your good self is now. Take care, Keith Adams.
    This may not be the proper time to say this but “Once a Blue, always a “Blue” !
    Even on your worst day, just think of Wayne Rooney, as a boy, showing up at Liverpool trials i his Blue Kit ! Has to make you smile and Carry On !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Mike.
    I posted yesterday but my internet went down. I was so sorry to hear of your dear wife, you will have to be strong for her. All our thoughts are with you.
    Des.

- - - Updated - - -

My condolences John, a very sad time for you, may you find the strength to go on and remember all the good times.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mike, having worked in age care I have some understanding of what it can be like for the partner.
    Hang in there Mike, the sun will still rise in the morning and even if the day come she no longer recognises you, and it can, you will still know her.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JC, so sorry to hear of your loss. Take care our thoughts are with you.
    Vic

9. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to read the sad news in this thread. The loss of a loved one by any means, whether separation by illness or by death, is so very hard for those of us who are left behind. My thoughts are with all of those here who are faced with this.

I know when my own beloved husband died I wanted to go to bed and never get up again. But somehow we do get up and we struggle on in our empty houses trying to make sense of a world without that loved one in it. I will say that I hated people who told me I'd get over it. I didn't want to get over losing the person I'd spent most of my life loving and living with. What I have found in the past 3 years is that grief does not go away. It just changes its nature. It's no longer so raw but it is insidious and creeps up when you're not expecting it.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Last edited by Glennys Faulds; 27th September 2021 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear you had to make such a difficult decision Mike. Sadly there is often no alternative and there comes a time when these sorts of decisions become inevitable if only for their own safety. After 16 years of caring for my own wife I know that I too will have to make those dreaded arrangements one day. Take care of yourself.
    Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mike, I sincerely wish you all the best in the world with your quest, Soldier on mate we humans are stronger than we think. My thoughts and prayers are with you both Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast