Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cures recent and now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cures recent and now.

My point in this modern day world of fibulators and mouth guards etc. etc. is that a lot of people don’t die in convenient places or in safe areas , and cannot even put them in the recovery position, so often stressed in theory, some of these areas do not have handy all these modern aids to medical assistance . E.G. in the double bottoms or other tanks in a ship, or down a sewer or up climbing a cliff face . People are sometimes very unhelpful in not choosing a better time and place to die. That’s why personally I would like to die in bed , to give every assistance to those , if any, trying to say their farewells. I have been in such situations being one of those persons trying to help and saying see you in the next world. And having none of these aids for survival , only your own common sense if you have any , if someone wants a tot or cigarette and on his way to see his maker , as far as I am concerned if he wants can have , if he or she desires . Cheers and if there is enough I’ll have one with him . Cheers again . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st September 2021 at 12:38 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to the Ambos here in Melbourne more damage is done to patients by others who think they are helping them.
    People with no first aid training who think they haver seen kit don eon TV and know what to do.
    Some we were informed have died as a result of this, so the advice is if not trained just stay with them until help arrives, this is where the do not move bit comes in.

But yes Victoria I agree, as you know in summer our roads can get very hot.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14..If you do not do the basic thing though by putting them in the recovery position there is every likelihood that they may die on their own spittle. I moved the patient in theory in a car accident and the doctor examining said immediately you have killed him. This was in a shipmasters medical course. Then again a nursing sister on child birth went through the whole rigmarole , then at the end said but if you take my advice you will tie her legs together and make for the nearest port. Everyman to his own job , those who do it for a living are the experts , to us it goes without saying a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. You can’t be gentle when applying tournaquettes and such if wanting to save life. The most dangerous thing I saw was trying to pre-empt disease by a certain national crew who used to take penicillin v tablets before going ashore.They in their tiny minds thought they were invulnerable to certain diseases . Just made it harder to cure later. That is if it ever showed. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st September 2021 at 07:30 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was on the British Captain in Antwerp, waiting for orders after discharging, the mate decided to clean some of the tanks, two of the blokes started singing and the mate said get them out quick, me and my watch mate went down and tied ropes around them and they were hauled up with us supporting them, my mate got a lung full, the three of them ended up in hospital, they all recovered, thing is no amount of training could stop the hurried panic, if you could call it that, broken arms or legs would have been ignored.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, that is the problem, do you risk helping them or is there danger that you may be hurt.

Then there are the Ambulance chasers, the legal parasites who will sue on your behalf if something goes wrong as a result of an unqualified person moving you.
    They will also sue qualified if they think there is a quid in it for them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    First rule of first aid is make sure you are in no danger yourself, as if you put yourself in danger it wouldn't help the patient. mind you I didn't know first aid when I went down that tank.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A raver who is also a lifesaver . What better commendation could you have than that ? JS
    R575129

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, we are currently going through a bad patch care of our state premier who honestly thought he could eliminate the Virus!!!
    Now comes to understand we have to live with it, we will get over it and move on.

Vaccination rates are going up at some rate now.

Saw a bit on the net about the Republic, claims they are 90% fully vaccinated??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Dennis McGuckin, Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not in the right post as can’t now find , but last week was asking for advice on today’s electronic beds and said had ordered the same. They were fitted two hours ago , and are two king sized singles which lie together to make a king sized double to replace the former occupant . The advantage of two singles is there are 2 sets of controls for the different positions of the beds and the different massage areas , my first glance at the controls however can’t find any reference to the wax treatment. Well never mind will leave that to fate. Can’t wait for bedtime now hope I don’t fall asleep too soon and miss any of the positions it claims. Will have to try and find an old copy of the Kama Sutra to look for ideas . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Not in the right post as can’t now find , but last week was asking for advice on today’s electronic beds and said had ordered the same. They were fitted two hours ago , and are two king sized singles which lie together to make a king sized double to replace the former occupant . The advantage of two singles is there are 2 sets of controls for the different positions of the beds and the different massage areas , my first glance at the controls however can’t find any reference to the wax treatment. Well never mind will leave that to fate. Can’t wait for bedtime now hope I don’t fall asleep too soon and miss any of the positions it claims. Will have to try and find an old copy of the Kama Sutra to look for ideas . Cheers JS
    jeez you and gwen will be like two synchronised swimmers...you will be up and down like two honey mooners......cappy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast