Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blood Skin and Bones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Blood Skin and Bones

Yesterday at our business meeting we had a speaker in from the Bank of Human parts looking for volunteers to bequeath their remains for others and to save those less fortuanate. My attention span is nowhere near where it used to be , so I will not make too many guesses on what I think I remember , only the real things that I do as the title of this post all are collectable for the Bank. E.g. hip replacements and knees replacements are much sought after, and if remember during my short naps , are capable of being kept for 40 years . Skin also certain parts of as well, blood we all know about , or the bare rudiments we think we do. However the lecturer came out with one thing which I already knew , and that was they would not take blood off you if you had lived in England during the period of the Mad Cow disease . What I didn’t know was that the same applied to the skin and bone tissues. I forget how many parts of the human body are collectable items but was a surprisingly large number. Reminded me of the Antique Road Show. So remember someone somewhere may want a piece of you, but maybe like the mad cow disease they may not if you lived through the present day period of the Corinvirus . Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blood Skin and Bones

Hi John.
    I filled out the forms for my body to go to the ANU in Canberra to be used as wanted, parts for the use of, plus training of Drs, bits to be sent here and there whatever. of course there is another thing that was involved, when they have finished they cremate you free of charge. So some part of me might end up in West Aus, so if someone you have never met shakes hands with you it could be me.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hope its not a secret one Des. You"ll get people talking. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mad cow Disease, we had some here for about three years with the only Female PM the country ever had.

But there may be an outbreak in Queensland according to some who have seen the Premier there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I must shamefully confess to being a blood donor. My blood was purchased by St Clare's hospital New York at $9.50 a throw. Rhesus 0 neg, the good stuff. Usually 3 or 4 times a year. As I've mentioned in a previous post my blood money usually ended up in a cash register in the Market Diner Pier 92.
    R635733

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There were stories galore rumours in plenty about the returning US forces after Vietnam about the high rates of Vietnam Rose of being in massive proportions ,the truth will never be made public the same as lots of similar things as negative to the well being of a country. The bad things of life are never advertised and kept under wraps if possible . This applies to every country and people JS..
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th September 2021 at 12:22 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a bit on the news the other day about some guy in USA who has given over 1,000 pints of blood over the past years, holds some sort of record.

But here in Oz at some time we have all been bled, dry by the tax man that is.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes John Gill, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i offed my body to science they sent it back? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #7.

'O' Negative blood is a very rare type of blood. It is always in great demand because 'O'
    Negative can be transfused to anyone regardless of what blood group they belong to. Everyone with 'O' Negative blood can only be transfused with 'O' Negative. In other words, 'O' Negative can be classed as a Universal blood. Reason for me knowing this being, my blood is ,'O' Negative.

Regards from
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 So is my wife Fouro. Don’t know how true it is but was told if one partner was A positive then the chance of a third pregnancy then the risks were a lot higher for a blue baby . This bears nothing to do with colour prejudice, but seriously affected my desire to populate the world. She carries a card with her blood group on. Cheers JS
    R575129

15. Thanks Fouro, N/A thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast