Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blood Skin and Bones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blood Skin and Bones

That is true John on our third child they were keeping a very close eye on Val and was even talk about changing his blood on birth. Den

2. Thanks Fouro, j.sabourn, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whenever it came up in movies or in chatting with some Americans used to mention about having to go for blood tests before getting married . This was compulsory in some states I believe , if not all of them. I thought at the time it was embarrassing to ask why? And assumed in my depraved mind it was because of unsociable diseases .
    Maybe today I would think differently and think it was for more mundane medical awareness . Maybe someone living in the States could clarify why they have the law of such as mandatory. It is quite a sensible law as regards the different blood groups of today, and shouldn’t act as a deterrent on marriage, If it does then your not the marrying type. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th September 2021 at 04:04 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Carry a card with my blood group in my wallet, about all that is in there.

Many couples here in Oz now take a blood test before they hitch up, to be sure, to be sure I think.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Fouro liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Always thought it was to do with gene matching and genetic disorders etc,
    not marrying a long lost sister / brother, distant cousin, keeping it in the
    family ! etc. Seemed to be the public view here.

See now, contrary to what I assumed, America’s history of mandatory blood
    tests before marriage had nothing to do with an Oedipal fear of accidentally
    tying the knot with your long-lost mother, brother, or other close relative but,
    had roots in what was once considered a topic nearly as uncomfortable as
    incest - sexually transmitted diseases.

Guess is if both waited for the marriage and hung on to virginity, both may
    be clear, other wise both could be positive? Did the parents see the results ?

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 10th September 2021 at 01:28 PM.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#17..What I am after Marian is the public reason or what the public thought was the reason for mandatory blood testing or why did they to have , what were they looking for.? There are innumerable diseases which can be found by a simple blood test did they test for them all or just particular ones . Cheers JS
    R575129

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #21.
    John,
    As from March 2019, all pre marriage blood tests were abolished in America, Montana being the last State to do so. I think one of the reasons for the blood tests were, the authorities were concerned about people having German measles.

Regards from
    Fouro.

11. Thanks j.sabourn, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Adams, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guys ! I had no idea pre marriage blood tests had been discontinued over here. Anyway, my wife and I married in Chicago in 1967 and both submitted for mandatory blood test. We understood it was to alert one or the other if one carried a genital disease. Not that it would prevent a marriage (a positive result probably did !) but rather to ensure the couple would be aware their of future child’s eyesight problems if Iodine ? wasn’t administered to the baby’s eyes during the birthing. Assuming they remained untreated.
    Sounds fishy to me and rather pointless — just like most every young girl being told a baby boy had to be circumcised at birth here in the States. An ex English neighbor of mine exclaimed “ Such a pity they lopped off a bit before they know how big it will become !” Is that where the term ‘Bald headed bed snake’ originated ? Just asking …

13. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#22/23 Thanks another mystery cleared up , nothing special about it , It was just something one put their own conclusions on and mine was the same as Keith has said , but thought it might have just been my bad mind thinking the worse. However he lives there so has clarified. There was nothing devious about it as was shown in the movies and elsewhere and was accepted by the general public as normal. I think today however if such a country wanted to start it from scratch there would be howls of personal libertys and all the rest to go with it. It probably served its purpose when it existed . Cheers JS

#24.. personally today I would have nothing against every person having their DNA taken , and before DNA their fingerprints .
    Fingerprints were obligatory during the last war , and for seamen a number of years after also.
    Those that shout the odds about it , one must assume they have criminal and or terrorist intentions. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th September 2021 at 04:04 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a strong push here in Oz for Vaccination passports, nothing wrong with that.

But there are many who say this is an invasion of privacy and human rights.

The same people own a normal pass port, pay tax, use medical services and complete a census form every five years.

Fact is the gov through some of their departments know more about us than we do.
    So what is to hide, unless of course you have a mistress somewhere and are claiming for her as a second wife, well some have more than one you know.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We all had to have them , otherwise no job. The armed forces have to have them otherwise no job. Unfortuanetley my wife is not in agreement yet , and she doesn’t have a job and ceased outside paying work nearly 60 years ago.And when I say to her soon if she doesn’t have one her movements will be severely restricted and her reply is she doesn’t want to go anywhere. Until the government makes it compulsory you are going to have this problem with various in the community. There are others who refuse to have blood transfusions mostly through religious beliefs , people all are different and not all regimented like us, these problems have yet to be fully exposed . She has never had a flu jab and yet I go for mine every year . The term get a jab and get a jab or get a job and get a jab does not affect her , the same as thousands more . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th September 2021 at 07:00 AM.
    R575129

18. Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A, Keith Adams liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast