Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The message

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: The message

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    HI John.
    I agree things do change, today I found out from my wife that I am not as young as I used to be.
    Des

LOL. Keith.

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John,
    Do you realise that you stopping smoking tea leaves destroyed the tea trade from Colombo?
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Re: The message

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WE have down the coast from us, next beach to Bells the famous surfing one, a beach which allows alternative clothing.
    More commonly known as a nude beach.
    Inn our beach going days it was the one we went to.
    Some great laughs watching some of the guys, and the ladies prancing about.
    I still have a pair of bathers bought in 1971, and they still fit.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is the second year I have not had my Val home for Christmas and new year she is back in hospital keeps getting infections of the chest and urine but this time they took her in because the paramedics suspected she had sepsis and is now being treated for that hopefully when she comes home this time they will have sorted the problem out instead of home for a few days and then back again. This is the reason not been very active on site so belated Christmas greetings to all shipmates and hope for a happy new year. Rgds Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno. I don't mean to be trying to top you, but I too work out every day. I started in my mid-twenties and have kept at it, except for four months when my late wife was coming to the end. Other than that, I rarely miss a day. Even when my wife and I traveled for thirteen years, I walked in Oz, UK and continental Europe, Russia, and Asia. Paris was a wonderful city for an early morning walk. On the way back picking up a loaf of hot French bread for breakfast, yummy!

I do three sets of nine exercises of thirty-five reps,each, which include push-ups, sit-ups, and leg-lifts, etc. which is down from fifty reps I was doing before my wife's illness, I just could not get back to 50 reps.

Then I, at march speed, walk three miles each day. up and over a steep bridge and back again. not exactly a walk in the park.

It's rare that I miss a day.

I have three stents and a heart valve. I just saw my doctor, and he checked my heart and everything else, and he said I'm fitter that most thirty year old patients he has, and the exercise is why I'm still here at eighty-four.

Cheers, and a happy new year to y'all, Rodney

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian thank you for those kind words and advice I always try to get her home as soon they will let me, we have both had all 3 jabs and now they are saying we can still catch the bug again, makes you think is there something else they are not telling us ... May you and yours have a happy new year or should I say Hogmanay. Rgds Den

11. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One-and-a-Half Minute MIDNIGHT Walk

My name is Alexander, I am a cardiologist and a paramedic. A very important warning for those who wake up at night to go to the bathroom...
    You must be careful and use the "One-and-a-Half-minute law" which is scientifically proven. By waking up suddenly for one's physiological needs normally, we often hear that someone "was well in good health and died suddenly during the night without reason. “
    The most likely reason is that when that person woke up to go to the bathroom, he/she got up from bed in a hurry, but the brain needs greater blood flow, for having rested, causing a state of fainting and that is when the stroke happens. It is recommended to learn the "One-and-a-Half-minute law" that can save your life
    When you wake up to go to the bathroom, you must first: Lay for 30 seconds after waking up and then sit up in bed for 30 more seconds lowering your legs quietly and sit like that for another 30 seconds " and only then get up to go to the bathroom.
    With these steps the chances are gigantic to survive a sudden stroke, regardless of age...
    Share with all your family and friends Remember that you can save yours and the lives of many people sharing this information...
    Prevention is better than healing:
    Pressure Arterial
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, Graham Shaw, cappy, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Bill Cameron, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: The message

That is very good advice,and something I have always done for some years now.In addition ,before swinging my legs- very slowly- over the side.I clench my toes and move my feet from the ankles down,to get the circulation going.

Also,I learned never to run for a bus! Several years ago ,when I thought I would try out my new Senior Citizens bus pass (!) ,I was almost at the bus stop when it arrived.Surprisingly for London,the driver waited for me,so I started to do a little run-big mistake-I had just drawn level with the bus,with all it's passengers gawping out the windows ,when I went flat on my face.What a shock,and -embarrassment for me-it was my first ever adult fall .I realised it must have been because of a sudden lack of blood flow-and that I was 65,not 25 !
    Just take it easy,get that blood circulating first,you might live a bit longer!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was good in London way back with the buses.
    You could hop on and off at corners, run and jump on at the lights, or even get on in a normal way.

But then London Transport came to understand that the population is aging and such activities are not good.
    So now you have to queue, get on at the front, show your ticket, never knew what that was with the old buses and get out at the back.

So no exercise running for the bus, but thankfully arm exercises are still OK, go to any pub.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast