Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 60

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Over 60

Think i posted somewhere?
    Anyway also just bought a new Car as my Trusted (Well not so trusted any longer) Volkswagen 118kw Turbo gave up the ghost about a Month back! So had to get rid of it.
    Went and bought a new Mazda 2 Pure 85kw 1.5 Litre Auto Sedan! Metallic Blue.
    Has quite a few Features as well.

Must say i am very happy with it so far, and Today i have just come back from having the first Check up Service on it AT 1032km All is AOK. well i damn hope so LOL.
    Next Service due 10,000km or 4/5/22 whichever comes first. And i have a fixed price Service for the first 5 Years plus free 5 Year Roadside Assistance with Mazda.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th May 2021 at 03:22 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still driving my 2004 Land Rover Discovery.
    Diesel and very cumfortable and the high step up and high driving position make sit easy to get into and to see the road ahead.

God mileage at about 8.5 liters per 100 klm on a good run, not bad for a 2.5 liter engine and two ton road weight.
    Up for new tires now but have had 115,000 klm out of this lot so no worries there.

Her in doors has a Hyundia Getz, handy little run about.

Never been a mad motor guy, as long as it works and gets me from A to B that is all I need.

I see the Ford Ranger is now the most popular vehicle of it's kind here in Oz, pushed out the Toyota Hilux, never a Toyota fan and see the Lexus as nothing more than an expensive version of Toyota the parent company.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

morning john what sort of road tax does it cost in oz to put your car on the road....it just about goes up annually here .....in 59 had a vincent 1000 m bike ....no tax no insurance ..and luckily no cops up the murray area in oz ...bought it off a hungarian young guy who had been chucking molotov cocktais at russian tanks ....managed to get out as oz was giving these guys proper sanctuary at that time cheers cappy

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For us old age pensioners $623 Australian . Nothing for a year usually with a new car as part of the deal with the dealer. Covers you also for 3rd party insurance. Don’t suppose the young Hungarian went to Russia for his holidays then ? JS
    R575129

6. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With Mercedes you have free worldwide roadside, home and get you home recovery assistance for 30 years (yep 30 years) provided you get your car serviced at Mercedes, it is automatically renewed. On investigation I have found Mercedes servicing no more expensive than independents, which are a few quid cheaper than Merc, but when I take into account the cost I would have to pay to an independent recovery service, I'm still on the winning side, also knowing that I'm getting latest updates and genuine parts. Also pay my servicing plan by monthly debit, so never miss it, it's just another payment on the list of other payments

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well the young hungarian was one character ....but in his cups was sad about having toleave his homeland to save his life ...supppose he could go back in later years ...after the russians were finished there....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#35 got that for 10 years Ivan, Doubt if the car or us will be around in 30 years . That would make me 114 , the old age pension would be kicking up, even now they keep on asking if I’m still around. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#36 we when in the uk used to get a lot of foreign dance teams from Europe , one family from Checkoslovakia were only allowed out of the country if they left their children behind to make sure they went back. We used to put them up , the same as others in the dance groups did. Before Ivan gets excited at the term dancing it was all country dancing which included Morris. My wife was the dancer and I was the drinker. When she was over there on a reciprocal visit she brought back a bottle of their national drink , it looked like a bottle of water but almost blew your head off. Must have been pure alcohol. Took me longer than usual to drink. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th May 2021 at 08:54 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #36 we when in the uk used to get a lot of foreign dance teams from Europe , one family from Checkoslovakia were only allowed out of the country if they left their children behind to make sure they went back. We used to put them up , the same as others in the dance groups did. Before Ivan gets excited at the term dancing it was all country dancing which included Morris. My wife was the dancer and I was the drinker. When she was over there on a reciprocal visit she brought back a bottle of their national drink , it looked like a bottle of water but almost blew your head off. Must have been pure alcohol. Took me longer than usual to drink. JS
    yes a lot of people enjoy dancing .....mary always wanted to be a tap dancer but it was verey hard to do with one leg.....after you sold her other one for beer money......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#39. Yeah I know Cappy , the worse thing though was the beer that night was off in the Mechanics , so they returned the piece of balza wood that you had already replaced with, according to Tom , as the old one aggravated your acme on the back. The only one who would take it after being fumigated , was the model shop in Shields so is probably now a model spitfire. I did go fifty / fifty with you and gave you your 3/9d . Cheers JS
    R575129

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast